No CCW Sign at a gunshop - Page 4

No CCW Sign at a gunshop

This is a discussion on No CCW Sign at a gunshop within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this place is willing to sell a firearm to someone, but doesn't trust them to carry it responsibly? One should not sell a firearm ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No CCW Sign at a gunshop

So this place is willing to sell a firearm to someone, but doesn't trust them to carry it responsibly?

One should not sell a firearm to a person one does not beleive can be responsible with it... Period!
    --
    Your second amendment rights are showing!
    http://www.opencarry.org

Tucson AZ Sportman warehouse has a sign that asks you to unload your pistol If you are going to display/present it while in the store

In Texas, a facility must have a specific sign printed according to the 30.06 statute to exclude lawfully carried concealed handguns. A "No loaded guns" sign, therefore, does not apply to a CCW if the individual has a Concealed Handgun License.

If a gunstore posted a valid 30.06 sign, I'd have to think long and hard about ever doing business with them again.

The only exception I make is for gunshows. I don't like it, but I live with it, because they're a unique venue, and the dealers aren't to blame for the show policy.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I'd spend my money someplace else.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Ccw Signs

First; Thanks for the welcome to the site. It's interesting and informative.

The Sportsman's Warehouse in our state has the sign, "please keep concealed firearms concealed. Others check in at the desk unloaded." The words may not be exact, but a CCW permit is no longer required in Alaska. Anyone may carry concealed or open. I interpret this as keep it holstered, open or concealed, unless handling in the store is required.

While in the military I was a unit armorer and I always had a "safe barrel" filled with sand for clearing weapons just outside the door of my building.

I think anyone requiring unloading weapons has a responsibility to provide a safe place to do it. I will make my decision at that time to spend my money there or not.

I agree with some of the above in support of the 2nd A. without exceptions. It's very simple language.

I can see both sides of this issue.

Having worked in a gunstore years ago, you would be amazed at the number of "idiots" that own guns. Do I want to take their guns away? No, but I don't want to be near them either.
    I shop at a few local shops that have the sign, but they don't apply to me. I have the owner's permission and my "Creds" which override any "No CCW".

BTW, I think this is my 1099th post.

Biker

Visting Beautiful Yuma, AZ this morning I started searching the local gunshops. Only one had "the sign". There were a bunch of people in the parking lot, and I certainly didn't want to leave my 1911 in the truck. I stuck my head in the door and asked the owner if I unloaded the gun, could I bring it in locked open for him to hold. He said "get your a** in here, that's the insurance company's sign, not mine!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Visting Beautiful Yuma, AZ this morning I started searching the local gunshops. Only one had "the sign". There were a bunch of people in the parking lot, and I certainly didn't want to leave my 1911 in the truck. I stuck my head in the door and asked the owner if I unloaded the gun, could I bring it in locked open for him to hold. He said "get your a** in here, that's the insurance company's sign, not mine!
    That's great!

If the weapon is truly carried concealed and remains that way then the reason the shop owner posted the sign (because he and his employees do not want to be shot by someone whipping out their CCW piece and having a ND) has been fulfilled.

The indoor range and shop I go to has a similar sign. I would bring a couple in the case with one on my person, typically deep concealed and not fired that day. After getting to know the guys at the desk and giving them a chance to asses my gun handling they told me not to worry about the sign. I never gave them reason to be worried though because a loaded weapon never was exposed or made it out of my holster while in the shop.

I can not honestly remember the policy of the Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville, TN. If anyone does please let me know. I ususally just go to the FOP or another outdoor range near the house.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

My question to the owner/manager/staff has always been, If it's unsafe to carry a loaded firearm,then why are YOU doing it.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links