My bad for even asking this question?

This is a discussion on My bad for even asking this question? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've always carried my G27 summertime or anytime, and I have the option to have a full 11 rounds at disposal with it. This forum ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My bad for even asking this question?

My bad for even asking this question?

I've always carried my G27 summertime or anytime, and I have the option to have a full 11 rounds at disposal with it. This forum has opened alot of new doors for me, and I've never carried an extra magazine with me unless it's OWB on the belt. My question is---would it be kosher to carry my OWB mag pouch with mag while concealing my carry pistol IWB under my shirt? Just like to know if this is a personal decision or whether it actually goes against the code of ethics totally for concealed carry. I'd also be interested in any horizontal mag carriers that blend better with the belt OWB like I've seen LEO's use and then I would wear it on the front of my body instead of on the side. I'm not really interested in IWB carry of the extra mag---I'd rather 'pocket' it but don't like the idea for lint and stuff in the magazine. Thanks for your opinions.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; February 13th, 2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: punctuation

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Perhaps something like this:

JS Pocket Magazine Pouch

Keeps the lint and stuff out of the mag, and keeps the mag positioned for access.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member
    If it is "under your shirt," who cares what's on your belt? If I had a OWB mag pouch I would use it - concealing under my shirt.

Where I live, many people carry knives or multi-tools in pouches on their belt. I have several old knife pouches that now function as mag pouches. When my PM9 is in the pocket, I have a knife pouch on the belt.

Lead Moderator
    Personally I would not want a visible mag showing. I just clues in anyone noticing that you have a firearm . A pocket carrier would work, but I find double stack mags to be uncomfortable for me. A decent leather or nylon knife pouch weorks well to conceal a spare mag (in plain sight).
    finally , if you think a pocket carrier might work, I make them as well out of kydex. PM me if intrested.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have a terrible time with IWB magazines. They feel like bricks - yet the gun IWB is fine. I carry two spare mags in single OWB kydex holders. Virtually everybody I know carries a knife and cell phone on their belts, and I've never heard anybody comment about noticing my mags. I'll note that the holders carry the mags very high, so they do not go below the bottom of the belt (sidearmor holders).
    Where I work, most everybody carries guns and we're pretty vocal about noticing somebody else's carry gear, so I think I'd have heard somebody telling me to cover up if they were a problem.
    Oh, G19 mags in my case.

I’ve never carried an extra magazine with me. Just never saw the need for it and it’s just one more thing that could “give ya up” that you’re carrying a concealed weapon.

If you going to carry one, like others have said, use a knife pouch, or keep it tucked under your shirt. Or get one of those tourist type bags that holds your pistol and extra magazine. By by no means do not leave it visible to the public

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My question is---would it be kosher to carry my OWB mag pouch with mag while concealing my carry pistol IWB under my shirt?
    It works for me, in fact, that's been my primary mode of carry for over a year now. Leather IWB holster on the right hip, and OWB single mag carrier on the left. I think the point was made a while back about having to many things IWB and it causing your pants to fall, you kind of loose ability to cinch the belt to secure your trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBackerToo
    Where I live, many people carry knives or multi-tools in pouches on their belt.
    I agree with this too, my take if the lower part of the holder is exposed, it looks like a knife or multipliers case. Nothing like a gun.

If your shirt rises enough to expose the mag, odds are you gun is exposed too and it's a mute point.

Just my $0.02
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Yeah--I like the idea of a nylon cell phone holder or knife sheath as options. I'll be looking for one with velcro closure in the right size.

i might want to try a flea market or army/navy surplus store.
    they usually have all kinds of pouches and holders of some
    sort that might be useful.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I just stick my spare in the offside back pocket of my jeans. Under my checkbook. There is no lint, and how would it get in there if there was?

No one can see it.

Ken

VIP Member
    I carry my spare magazine OWB but it is hidden by whatever cover garment I'm wearing... even if it's a t-shirt.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

+1 Thumper and the others that carry mags OWB with gun IWB.

Austin

I say what ever works for you. I've carried a spare magazine OWB while carrying my P-11 strong side IWB. If it works for you, I don't see what the problem could be.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am one of those people who wears a vest all the time. I carry 2 spare mags in small pockets as well as my flashlights. My mother was allways cautious about my pockets cause I carried so much stuff, she asllways said I needed more pockets.

Just an FYI for others who need clothes with lots of pockets check out
    DuluthTrading.com/Punchlist They carry clothes and tools for construction workers.
    Tools, shop organizers, tool belts, bags & gear*-*Duluth Trading Company

Senior Moderator
    I use SmartCarry and it has a compartment for a spare mag
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links