Missouri CCW Courses

Missouri CCW Courses

This is a discussion on Missouri CCW Courses within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone recommend an instructor in the St. Louis/surrounding area for a CCW course? Preferably an instructor that provides guns/ammo within their course (I still ...

Thread: Missouri CCW Courses

Missouri CCW Courses

Can anyone recommend an instructor in the St. Louis/surrounding area for a CCW course? Preferably an instructor that provides guns/ammo within their course (I still have yet to settle on a gun). I have found some courses listed either at gunshops or online, but wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has taken a course or knows of a good instructor in the area.
    Thanks, bm

There are a number of good instructors in your area. If you are still trying to decide on a gun go south on I-55 to Imperil and Top Gun (can be seen from the interstate) and they will give you all the assistance you could possibly need. They have rental guns you can try on their indoor range.

There is also going to be a get together at the range of St. Louis area members of missouricarry.com, I am in Columbia but am planning on going

Here is the list of your area trainers from missouricarry

MissouriCarry.com Concealed Carry News and Events

Dan Smith is good and John Ross does a class with a twist: he does the classroom instruction one day and then goes to his private range on the weekend for the shooting part, and he brings along some of his full auto toys for the class to play with

Being in Missouri you should give some thought to joining the board; the best place for up to date Missouri specific info and meet some great like minded people.

P.S.--I'm Transplanted Hoosier over there

This is where you want to go. Mr. Smith is an excellent instructor and the range in indoors. Dan Smith Concealed Carry Training and Firearms Dealer
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Another suggestion to visit Missouri Carry... Hi Hoosier :)

I'm on the opposite side of the state, but if I were in St. Louis, I'd probably try to attend of of JR's classes. John Ross

I've been to Top Gun once, seems like a great place, no matter what your firearm needs are (and I know they support pro2a groups).
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Awesome, I never knew the MO carry site had a message board. Top Gun was my next stop (found out about them the other day). Dan Smith was a name I had seen/heard a few times, so if you guys recommend him I'll check him out. Thanks again, bm

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Good luck with your choice of guns and instructor
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks, currently I'm waffleing on the XD and the M&P. I like both but, I'm not sure about all of the safeties on the XD, seems like a lot of extra stuff to worry about going wrong. Just not sure, I think I'm leaning to the M&P right not, but that'll probably change tomorrow.

D@mn, I just got off of Top Guns website; that place looks pretty friggin' sweet, and their prices didn't seem too bad. Heck, there membership package ($220/yr) was pretty good too. If you go 15 times it pays for itself, too bad it could cut into my Trap time...Oh well! Thanks for the tip, I think I'll hit them tomorrow for sure, I'll be halfway there anyway. Thanks, bm

Not sure how close to St. Charles/St. Peters you are, but Sgt. Paul Bastean holds CCW classes alternately at either the St. Peters Holiday Inn or the Wentzville Holiday Inn. The classroom portion is 4 hours, then after lunch everyone drives to a range about 20 minutes away for the shooting portion of the course. They do have firearms for those who don't own any firearms.

Here is the website: Missouri Concealed Carry Endorsement Training - Principles of Marksmanship - Missouri Right to Carry Law

Sgt. Bastean is a current Lake St. Louis police officer. I took the course, and I do recommend it.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    barracudamagoo
    Don't worry about the safeties on the XD causing problems. I have yet to hear a single glitch due to them. Worry more about which one fits you the best. Both are good handguns.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

John Ross and Dan Smith are both fine instructors. If you are looking for a bit more adventure, a little more fun after the class, John Ross is your guy. John also always has a large amount of hands guns on hand for all to shoot, revo's and semi's as well as the full auto's for after the class

John will let you qualify with one of his gun's and this will give you the chance to try out several differnt gun's you might be interested in.

After you get your gun and ccw class behind you consider expanding your training further and look into Point Blank. Point Blank - Home Christopher is an excellent instructor, an excellent shot and just a great place to train.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Sponsored Links