Campus carry debate on O'Reilly (Merged) - Page 2

Campus carry debate on O'Reilly (Merged)

This is a discussion on Campus carry debate on O'Reilly (Merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw the program...twice...O'Rielly is not an 'anti', but he's careful not to too strong on either side...he let's you decide...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campus carry debate on O'Reilly (Merged)

I saw the program...twice...O'Rielly is not an 'anti', but he's careful not to too strong on either side...he let's you decide
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    That Hill fellow has been on O'Reilly any number of times. This was no different than the others. Hill ALWAYS the far left agenda!

O'reilly did admit that he wouldnt want Ward Churchill carrying a weapon and neither would I. He (Churchill) should be adjudged a lunitic IMHO.

Where to find the Video

I thought the interview was well done, and Bill made some solid points against the Antis.

I wish Prof Russel from KU though should have said that he carries because he can't keep a Cop with him (there was a perfect opportunity during the interview), and when the Anti bought up that CCWers aren't properly trained, that he rebutted with how much range time he puts in per month.
    Last edited by nova83tx; February 16th, 2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Error
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

1:00pm eastern time, Fox News just did another piece on campus carry. I don't recall the participants names (1 guy from the Brady Bunch and another that supports campus carry).

The dangerous angle I'm starting to notice from ALL these pieces, is what the neutral reporter (Colby) said, "Why shouldn't people with concealed carry licenses be allowed to carry on campus SO THEY CAN PROTECT THE REST OF US?"

I've noticed this mentality 3 times in the last 2 days (people licensed to carry can protect the rest of us). I do not wish to play "police officer" or "super hero"....that's not what it's all about.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by distortion9 View Post
    ... "Why shouldn't people with concealed carry licenses be allowed to carry on campus SO THEY CAN PROTECT THE REST OF US?"

I've noticed this mentality 3 times in the last 2 days (people licensed to carry can protect the rest of us). I do not wish to play "police officer" or "super hero"....that's not what it's all about.
    I agree with you...very little "Defensive Carry"...and more along the lines of ordained CCWs to protect others. If the media and others go this route of ordained...will never float...for students. For Professors...I think it would.

Rick

O'Reilly made the typical anti gun mistake. He asked about security guards being armed.

I guess he never heard the phrase, "When seconds count, the Police are there in minutes!"

VIP Member
    I do wish Bill had mentioned the fact that security responded after only 3 minutes and it wasn't enough. Bill is not anti gun or anti self protection. I think he tries to stay a little more neutral. He's not a spokesman for the NRA or Conceal Carry on Campus, so he's not obligated to "get in your face" on this..Atleast he was'nt against carrying on campus.

O'Reilly used to be pretty anti-gun(not Brady Bunch though),until Katrina. I think he's coming around somewhat.
    Personally,he shouldn't have conceded on the Ward Churchill thing. Even though this guy is about as extreme as they come, I wouldn't take away his right to KBA. As far as I know he doesn't have a criminal record or anything like that that would prevent him from owning or carrying. Don't take away rights from someone because you disagree with them politically.
    O'Reilly also mentioned that its the campus police's job to protect you. The pro-CCW professor should have brought up that they have no duty to protect you as an individual,only the community at large.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links