POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll

This is a discussion on POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kentuckycarry I hear what you're saying , but I go to Illinois weekly. It's just as close as drving across town for ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    I hear what you're saying , but I go to Illinois weekly. It's just as close as drving across town for me. I want to see legal carry there.
    OK, Move to Florida!
    Kidding aside, I guess I am just dumbfounded and frustrated that some people rather be dead than stand for their life. I do not wish them well or let them have a say on my life.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

The NIU shooting makes me think...

That we should make it still harder to get a gun.
    97140 74.7%

That maybe Illinois should be a concealed carry state.
    32786 25.2%

Number of Voters : 130079
    First Vote : Friday, 15 February 2008 15:10
    Last Vote : Saturday, 16 February 2008 22:47
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Just remember to copy paste the link instead of clicking it...that way they can't trace it to a CCW forum!
    Barring a few websites that do this (like gmail), not how the Internet works at all.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    still gettin' our butt kicked on this one, brady boys must be hittin' it up hard.

yeah the numbers are still dropping. i just voted and it's currently 75.8% to 24.1%.

106271 76%

33421 23.9%

That our law shouldn't change.
    160 0.1%

Number of Voters : 139852
    First Vote : Friday, 15 February 2008 15:10
    Last Vote : Sunday, 17 February 2008 01:19

Personally while I realize most of Daly's subjects () are anti, I get the feeling this poll has been rigged.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    Is this a poll where you can just keep clicking over and over? I'm picturing frantic anti's with nothing better to do...

nope,i just tried it myself..

Results..so far
    That we should make it still harder to get a gun.
    117599 77.6%

33878 22.3%

That our law shouldn't change.
    161 0.1%
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Just voted-its not looking good for us. Either some antis have voted 20 times each,or maybe since its a local website,that's the sentiment of the people in and around Chicago. Well, I guess you get the government(and policies) you deserve.........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

I watched this poll as it developed. It's odd how the bulk of those opposed to firearms ownership voted in the early morning hours when most people are off line and asleep.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    I feel sorry for the victims of the shootings, but when the people of IL (if this poll is not rigged) show overwhelming support for a bury your head in the sand attitude then it is hard to feel sorry for them. I personally don't understand why anyone who values their life and freedoms would stay there. I turned down 2 jobs , 1 in MA and 1 in MD, that would have paid alot more than I make now because I refuse to give up my rights.

The anti's have bots voting for them.

A bot is a computer program that will vote over and over again, thousands of times.

Quote Originally Posted by American Pit Bull View Post
    The anti's have bots voting for them.

A bot is a computer program that will vote over and over again, thousands of times.
    With this particular poll setup.... I can name that tune in one line of perl.

C'mon people... 130,000 votes in three days? Even CNN polls don't get that kind of response.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

PHM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Call me cruel, but I am in favor that some "liberated" states like CA and IL should remain Gun Free Zones if their citizens choose to. We need places where our local criminals can move and feel free to operate while we make our own places difficult and dangerous for them.
    FYI, California CCW holders are exempt from the gun free school zones, however some schools do have policies against guns on campus and if CCW holder is discovered to be carrying on campus can be asked to leave but not arrested since CCW holders are specifically exempt by statute in the California Penal Code.

The poll results are not posted now on the web site. A long history of polls are posted but this one had hundreds of times more hits than the other polls. They must have realised how manipulated ot was and removed it.-Jay

cj
    From the site that had the survey up. What I find interesting is all of the accusation is pointed at Pro-Gun owners, yet the anti opinion had the most hits? "...an issue so important to at least one side that they'll do anything to get their way"? Note the spin...he doesn't come out and SAY that both sides cheated, but implies that one did. And the rest of the comments only point at gun owners, thus implying that they're the 'at least one side' who would cheat.

Original source of the following: WGN Radio - We Were Robbed!

"We Was Robbed by Gun Owners!

We call our daily web poll question the News Click and this past weekend it got 200 times more hits than usual.

The question was about gun ownership and whatdaya know, we hit a nerve. We found some blogs and websites that were encouraging people to go to WGNRADIO.com and vote on the side of gun ownership. (Those with opposing opinions may have been organized, too: both sides voted in numbers tens of thousands greater than we usually get. But we were only able to locate PRO gun pages that encouraged people to visit our site and cheat by making some tricky computer maneuvers and corrupting the voting.)

What to make of this? It's not a scientific survey. The numbers DO usually fall in line with legitimate polling - you know, the kind that told us Barack Obama was going to win South Carolina and the Patriots were going to win he Super Bowl. We use the results to reflect on the topic at hand rather than to settle the score. That's a point lost on the cheaters since the only conclusion you can draw about the numbers we got Friday and Saturday is that gun ownership is an issue so important to at least one side that they'll do anything to get their way."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links