POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll - Page 5

POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll

This is a discussion on POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cj From the site that had the survey up. What I find interesting is all of the accusation is pointed at Pro-Gun ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: POLL- Hit it! Illinois Conceal Carry Poll

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    From the site that had the survey up. What I find interesting is all of the accusation is pointed at Pro-Gun owners, yet the anti opinion had the most hits? "...an issue so important to at least one side that they'll do anything to get their way"?

He's right. Go google "poll guns http://wgnradio.com/" and the only thing that comes up is pro-gun sites. The opposition undoubtedly used email to organize their campaign or was a handfull of kiddies with a polling script.

His implication that the numbers were skewed by gun owners only is absurd on its face and to his accusation that "they'll do anything to get their way"... I say "pot, kettle, black"... They're depending on peoples general ignorance of these polls and the internet in general to sell this line.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

The interesting thing is that for the last 8+ hours that the poll was up, the anti's were getting a vote a second, in their favor. They had over 30,000 votes in the middle of the last night that it was up.

They generated more votes in the middle of the last night, than all the gun boards generated over the entire life of the poll. You tell me what is fishy. There was an organized effort to get out the vote by the pro gunners, but it is impossible for the anti's to have gotten that many votes without a very visible and widespread online campaign. Either they were running bots that were voting every second for hours on end, or WGN adjusted their numbers so they would have the result that they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by American Pit Bull View Post
    The interesting thing is that for the last 8+ hours that the poll was up, the anti's were getting a vote a second, in their favor. They had over 30,000 votes in the middle of the last night that it was up.

They generated more votes in the middle of the last night, than all the gun boards generated over the entire life of the poll. You tell me what is fishy. There was an organized effort to get out the vote by the pro gunners, but it is impossible for the anti's to have gotten that many votes without a very visible and widespread online campaign. Either they were running bots that were voting every second for hours on end, or WGN adjusted their numbers so they would have the result that they wanted.
    I hope that some of you who are more eloquent than I can respond to the blog post by John Williams. I would like to send this entry just as it is written, but if more than one of us did that, it would appear to be just another 'anti campaign' from the pro-gun sites. I can't believe he is being sincere in his opinion unless he has really skewed information from his staff. He's not stupid, nor is he a conservative, but his claim is patently wrong for the reasons we've seen here. He's probably already aired this opinion and may have had rebuttals from his listening audience, but we shouldn't let this stand uncontested.

I

cj
    I actually tried to respond on that page, politely asking him to mention the final numbers in his article. For some reason, the comment refused to post.

You know what they say about wrestling a pig in the mud....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links