What do you recommend for motorcycle carry?

This is a discussion on What do you recommend for motorcycle carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday (Saturday) I was out for a ride on my motorcycle. I cruised into "town" dropped off a sizable check at the bank for deposit, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you recommend for motorcycle carry?

Yesterday (Saturday) I was out for a ride on my motorcycle. I cruised into "town" dropped off a sizable check at the bank for deposit, wheeled into the supermarket for a few honey-do items, filling up my two saddle bags. Then on a whim, headed over to my son's high school to the baseball field. I was there about an hour when I realized I was violating the law as I forgot I was in carry mode. It hit me when I was chatting with two parents who are both off duty PD. One of them, a detective, mentioned clothing to conceal weapon when on a stake out and I remembered I was packing in violation of the law. I hadn't intentionally done this. It was the very first time and don't plan to do it again. On my bike I had nowhere to put it and cannot secure it like in a car or truck. Technically if I stashed it in a regular vehicle anyway it would have to be parked off campus. Any ideas for CCW on bike especially if you have to stash it?

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    it's a problem. If you have a locking tail-cone, that could concievably work, though it's not very subtle to disarm/rearm, and I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the little locks on most of them.

I've considered building my own compartment underneath the front seat, but again, you gotta be super-discrete when you disarm.

Best solution when on a bike is to carry on-body and not go anywhere it would be illegal. Kinda sucks, but that's the price we pay for enjoying a ride.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Bob: Thats probably the best advice I am going to find. I appreciate it. You must ride as you understand the issue. Thanks

S and S Sales

Got one, they're great! Look in his photo album, mine's the Heritage with the handlebar mount. They lock through the trigger guard and are very secure. I pop out the mag because it could be stolen.
    Tracy
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

M2
    That may work in one of the few states that allows open-carry; but not everywhere else. The license is for concealed carry, and that ain't concealed!

I wear a vertical shoulder rig when I ride and just avoid going anyplace where I can't carry. I have no options on my sportbike; but on my sport-tourer I could always put a lock box in one of the saddlebags. However, if anyone broke into it (easily done), they could just as easily walk away with the lock box.

So, the recommendation of carrying on your person and not going to places where you can't carry is probably the best one.

Cheers! M2

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    S and S Sales

Got one, they're great! Look in his photo album, mine's the Heritage with the handlebar mount. They lock through the trigger guard and are very secure. I pop out the mag because it could be stolen.
    Tracy
    See S&S Sales...Hit enter...see Gallery...

I think I might like to install the two-tone holster on my Harley...the holster with the black top and pink plaid bottom...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Neat idea and product..I would have to go with a leather cover up tho..not real comfortable having the gun exposed for others to lust/fear over..much rather have the gun on me and in my control at all times, but if I had to leave it on the bike, locked up and covered with this system would be the only option.

For years I used a padlock through the trigger guard and my fork lock. AZ is an open carry state. I only use this when going into a bar or no-carry facility. It is an attention getter when stopped at a stop light. I aways ride with it on the handlebars in nasty neighborhoods. It's plenty secure when unlocked and very accessable. At a poker run last week, I watched a guy who had a Glock padlocked to his rear brake rotor forget and take off. Yes, polymer does shatter!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

For years I used a padlock through the trigger guard and my fork lock. AZ is an open carry state. I only use this when going into a bar or no-carry facility. It is an attention getter when stopped at a stop light. I aways ride with it on the handlebars in nasty neighborhoods. It's plenty secure when unlocked and very accessable. At a poker run last week, I watched a guy who had a Glock padlocked to his rear brake rotor forget and take off. Yes, polymer does shatter!
    opps,
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    S and S Sales

Tracy
    Hm, that's an interesting product. I still don't think I'd be comfortable leaving my pistol out there on the side of the bike, locked or no, but it's an option for people who don't want to carry on-body while riding.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Go to Center Of Mass Centraland take a look at their lock boxes and the PacSafes. You could lock the gun in the box, lock the box to the bike frame with a cable lock and stash it in your saddle bag. It would be tough to do this discreetly in a parking lot. I wouldn't consider that to be just as secure as if the lockbox was locked in a car, but it's the best solution I can think of that is still concealed.

I lock mine up in a Boss Trunk Bag when I have too leave it with the bike.

If the motorcycle is a Li'l Indian, a bow & arrows...

VIP Member
    I carry in my jacket. Both my summer and winter jackets have a convenient inner pocket that works well for this purpose. Gun goes in a pocket holster and then in the pocket. I usually carry my phone and garage opener in the opposite pocket.

So far I haven't been anywhere on my bike where I would need to leave my gun behind with the bike. I suppose it may happen someday, but my bike does have a molded trunk. As secure as any other means on storing it should I absolutely have to do so on the bike.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

as a rider, I am constantly thinking of a better way to carry. But, the facts remain, you are wearing thick leather gloves [or, should be for personal safety] and simply can not reach, grap, and adequately fire a handgun.
    The next best thing is to have readily available in your jacket pocket or tank bib, a handgun that you can manipulate when you come to a stop and get your gloves off.

I would like to hear from anyone else who has a plan that works while wearing leather gloves on a moving motorcycle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links