Carry Missionary, No carry zones...

This is a discussion on Carry Missionary, No carry zones... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry, I just asked something similiar to what you are just asking... I guess we had the same thing on our minds at the same ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry Missionary, No carry zones...

Sorry, I just asked something similiar to what you are just asking...

I guess we had the same thing on our minds at the same time....so to speak...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    Jayoh, I think you are letting emotions play a part of the decisions you are thinking of making changes to. I certainly understand why where you are coming from but unfortunatly, you will have to live consiquences even though you don't agree with them. If something happened and you did defend yourself, I do think you would end up with some charges. On the other hand, as you put it, Judged by 12 is better then carried by 6. I'd let the emotions settle down for a bit before deciding.
    Youre absolutely right. Ill give it a few, and then make a decision. But I have to vent some more of this. My highschool was shot up when I went there. My entire block experienced a driveby when I was 17. Michigan is the home of two disgruntled postal shootings, Ted Kascinski, Tim McVeigh, the wixom auto plant shooter (and I know someone who was 20 feet from him when he was shooting, hiding behind a robot) and two of the three most dangerous cities in the U.S. (Detroit and Flint). None of this even includes the armed crimes that have been perpetrated against me specifically. Its just frustrating. But again, youre right. I cant let frustration make me irrational. Rationally though, all the adages apply to these defense free crime zones as well as any other spot... have not need/need not have... judged or carried...

Im looking into the special permit that allows me to carry anywhere but court houses.

Mgmtz, nice signature quote! The AJC can come up with some whoppers.

Now to the discussion at hand. I carry under the premise that I am a peace loving law abiding citizen. I'll not speak for anyone but myself, but I have suprised several people recently at work who had RTC permit holders grouped together with "loonies." They stopped and thought about it for a while when I explained my reasons and strong personal standards regarding obeying the law.

When we speak of carrying into "free crime" zones, we strike down the morals and standards we all hold dear. Don't forget to look around and realize that our grassroots activism and passion is still changing the laws that are unjust. Here in Georgia, there is currently legislation on the floor to further relax the limitations on RTC holders here in GA.

Keep up the lively discussion! Fiercely and lovingly protect those you love. We can and will continue to make progress.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jayoh View Post
    Youre absolutely right. Ill give it a few, and then make a decision. But I have to vent some more of this. My highschool was shot up when I went there. My entire block experienced a driveby when I was 17. Michigan is the home of two disgruntled postal shootings, Ted Kascinski, Tim McVeigh, the wixom auto plant shooter (and I know someone who was 20 feet from him when he was shooting, hiding behind a robot) and two of the three most dangerous cities in the U.S. (Detroit and Flint). None of this even includes the armed crimes that have been perpetrated against me specifically. Its just frustrating. But again, youre right. I cant let frustration make me irrational. Rationally though, all the adages apply to these defense free crime zones as well as any other spot... have not need/need not have... judged or carried...

Im looking into the special permit that allows me to carry anywhere but court houses.
    our state sucks huh? and people wonder why im taking a ccw class... i mean c'mon look at where we are living!

This is pertinent to the subject:
    YouTube - Gun Free Zones - 1/2 Hour News Hour

I hope the folks at ConcealedCampus.com don't mind that I dropped an NIU and VTech logo on their flyers before printing and posting all over campus.

My sister worked at NIU for almost 20 years and I have been there many times.

JIM
    Jim Heffelfinger
    Wildlife Biologist and Author of "Deer of the Southwest"
    http://www.deernut.com

it's odd how the media hags keep bringing up the shootings where the BG "succeeded" but the church shooting where the BG was stopped by a civilian is left out. They also seem to forget about the off duty LEO stopping the mall shooting.

If our side doesn't take the bull by the horns and start aggressively calling for change, just like the brady bunch, our voices will be drowned out by the calls for change by people who only know the lies put forth by the other side.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links