School Shooting Reactions

This is a discussion on School Shooting Reactions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a lot more people than normal here asking questions with a really low post ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Shooting Reactions

School Shooting Reactions

Is it just me, or are there all of a sudden a lot more people than normal here asking questions with a really low post count(new members!!). I think this is a great thing...too bad it takes a school shooting to make people begin to realize they are the ones responsible for their own safety.

But if people need to be shocked into understanding, by observing/learning from other situations...it just may save their lives down the road if helps turn a few into sheepdogs. I heard the police response at the IL shooting was like 29 seconds, and in that time the shooter killed like 6 and shot 16 or more(haven't kept up on the numbers)...so a lot can happen before the cops arrive. 29 seconds is practically unheard of also, normally 5 min or more on avg I think. I can bend my trigger finger many many many times in 5 minutes.

Perhaps at the next shooting someone will be in the audience with a CCW and take out the trash. The police can show up a few minutes later and the can see that CCL holders are a good thing.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I think you're right. There are a lot of factors getting people off of the couch and into reality - school shootings included. Sad that it takes tragedy to motivate some, but they are now becoming motivated. Election cycles, local crime, world affairs, etc..., are all motivating factors. Word is spreading that this is a great forum with good members. Spread the word and stay safe!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Good to see someone from the fort youngda9! I have been a lurker for a bit and enjoy everything from this form. I don't have much to offer with most of the dicussions, but i poke in once and a while.

youngda9, if you ever want to hit up H and H for some range time PM me. Would like to meet some new people around here.

Most people are naturally inquisitive I think, which gives validation for forums and sites like this great one.

What bothers me is that media outlets focus on all the shootings and almost never bring up incidents with good outcomes, like the church where a woman shot an attacker preventing a high death count.

But as sniper mentions, election cycles, etc bring out a lot of topics. wait until the presidential election goes full tilt, im sure it will ramp up even more.

Administrator
    Each high profile news stories always brings people out on both sides of the fence, as well as threads just like this one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Good to see someone from the fort youngda9! I have been a lurker for a bit and enjoy everything from this form. I don't have much to offer with most of the dicussions, but i poke in once and a while.

youngda9, if you ever want to hit up H and H for some range time PM me. Would like to meet some new people around here.
    OK MadDog. Nice to see you on here. I've shot and H&H once...will join a club this spring that's a lot closer to my house. I'm on the NE side of town. I might hit H&H range a couple more times until I join in the spring, if so I'll PM you.

H&H has a good pistol selection and are nice people, I heard REALLY BAD THINGS about the previous ownership there, from several different sources. It really bothers me that they don't check their pistols prior to handing them to customers.

Don't want to derail the thread but what club is near you? I have been looking for other places because H and H is crazy bussy most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Don't want to derail the thread but what club is near you? I have been looking for other places because H and H is crazy bussy most of the time.
    I'll PM you about it.

I'm new to this site , but not to ccw. belong to another paid site but like this one better. agree need to turn more sheep into sheepdogs and maybe then the shooting will stop...........

don't mess with my gofer , he shoots back............

The shooting stopped abruptly at a church in CO not long ago. Funny how that story just died in the media in a few short days. More people should hold that incident up as the poster for why we should be allowed to carry everywhere.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Where I attend church, there are several that carry. Some of us have a notarized card stating that the church recognizes us as licensed CH people. It doesn't make the church libel but it does give us a little credit if we go to trail.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

If good folks would began to think for themselves, and stop allowing the liberal press and media to form their beliefs and in turn their actions and voting patters America would move from a sociaty or sheep to sheepdogs. Right Reborn? Aka...Trig!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Just had a discussion about school shootings in a university class yesterday. The consensus was that we might go down (being forcibly unarmed by the law), but we would be reacting and fighting while doing it. Of course, bunch of former military and military brats are in that class (Constitutional Law).

Too bad others haven't had such motivation.

Be safe. Be aware.
    Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    CCW class enrollment is UP since the church shootings in Colorado. My wife has to wait until March 6 to get into her class. The Springs TV stations are giving CCW a little (note the word LITTLE) bit more good press since the defensive shooting.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Seems like there is a lot of press, on this fourm alone there has been to links such as cnn, foxsports, diffrent articles, ect... Even though some maybe be a negative image at least it's geting responces out of people and making them think.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links