More Smutt from Peter Hamm (Brady Bunch)

This is a discussion on More Smutt from Peter Hamm (Brady Bunch) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Students with guns could stop massacres, says lobby group - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Overall a good article, but damn does this show the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Smutt from Peter Hamm (Brady Bunch)

More Smutt from Peter Hamm (Brady Bunch)

Students with guns could stop massacres, says lobby group - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Overall a good article, but damn does this show the extent that they're willing to lie about.

But Peter Hamm, communication director for the Brady Campaign to Stop Gun Violence, is concerned that the group is the latest tool of the powerful gun lobby.

"We know very clearly that they were organised and they are funded by the gun industry, by the companies that are selling the guns," he said.

"This is not some spontaneous, grassroots organisation.

"There are more members than there were before Virginia Tech because the gun industry is spending more money to enlist more young people to help them spread the word, that if only we had more guns in America, we'd have less of a gun violence problem."
    A few things - we don't even have enough money to legally incorporate, there's no way we're being 'funded' by anybody.

We are spontaneous - we were formed immediately following the tragedy at VT, and we are grassroots - I spend my free time away from classes and work on this, I'm not paid, and I'm certainly no professional.

The reason why there are more members now than before VT is simple - we didn't even exist before VT Nobody's being recruited here - people are signing up on facebook.com and are searching for us, and voluntarily signing up.

This is, to be quite honest, a golden opportunity for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - it gives us the chance to discredit our biggest critic, internationally.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

2. Remove Ads

Maybe drop a note to the ABC news agency downunder, tell them who you are and give them the facts..

Yup, responsible journalism and an honest lobbyist...
    "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- George Orwell

Ron Paul 2008!

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Don't confuse ABC News or any news group with the facts. They can barely handle their own lies.

Hey,If I'm being funded by the gun lobby then I want them to send me a new Ar-15,about 25 mags and 5,000 rounds of ammo and I also want a new kimber .45 and another 5,000 rounds of .45.I've been a NRA member for a whole lotta years and I have never a free gun yet.I would gamble that everyone on this forum would also like some free guns. sj

Just a note... this is not our ABC news, but Australia's government-owned Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Money for enlistment?

A signing bonus?

Cool!

How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    Money for enlistment?

A signing bonus?

Cool!

How much?

$0.00
    ~Mike F.

Assistant Administrator
    if only we had more guns in America, we'd have less of a gun violence problem
    Correct that - ''More guns in legal hands". There are plenty of guns in USA but as ever BG's will get what they want, regardless. What is needed is a stellar growth in legal possession and carry - the better to protect against the illegal guns.

Ya know - the ones that any ban will totally ignore
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

STUDENTS FOR CONCEALED CARRY ON CAMPUS RESPONDS TO THE BRADY CAMPAIGN’S CONSPIRACY ACCUSATIONS: “PROVE IT.”

Four months after Peter Hamm, spokesperson for The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, verbally attacked the college-based, grassroots organization Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, telling a Fox News reporter, "You don't like the fact that you can't have a gun on your college campus? Drop out of school," he is stepping up the rhetoric. Not content with encouraging college students to forgo their educations, rather than fight for a cause in which they believe, Mr. Hamm has resorted to baseless conspiracy theories and slander.

In a February 19, 2008, interview with Anna Hipsley of Australia’s ABC News radio, Mr. Hamm made the following statement about SCCC:

“We know very clearly that they were organized and they are funded by the gun industry, by the companies that are selling the guns. This is not some spontaneous, grassroots organization."

Scott Lewis, media coordinator for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, responded, “In a way I kind of envy the Brady Campaign. It must be so much easier to run an advocacy group when you don’t feel obligated to substantiate anything you say.” Mr. Lewis went on to categorically deny that either the gun industry or the gun lobby have played any part in the organizing or financing of SCCC:

“A few small gun shops have donated holsters for students to use in our Empty Holster Protests, and the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, located in Nevada, sent us three gift certificates that we’re going to auction to raise money. And after SCCC started making national news, a couple of months ago, the NRA sent me a hat and a T-shirt. But other than that, we’ve never received anything from the gun industry or the gun lobby. So far, our entire operating budget has come out of the pockets of our members—mostly poor college students who strongly believe in this cause. About a month ago we opened a bank account and started accepting donations, to help raise the money we need to incorporate. So far we’ve raised a combined total of $610.02, from online donations and T-shirt sales.”

In response to the allegations made by the Brady Campaign, SCCC’s response is simple—“Prove it.” In the name of full disclosure, SCCC is willing to make all of its financial records available to the media if the Brady Campaign will do the same. Explained Lewis, “After building SCCC on a foundation of our own sweat equity and financial sacrifices, our members are incensed that the Brady Campaign is accusing us of being well paid pawns.”

Though the Brady Campaign likes to attribute all efforts to maintain and/or restore gun rights in America to an all-powerful gun industry that uses coercion and manipulation to subvert the true wishes of the American people, the real American gun industry has an annual revenue of only about $2 billion, leaving it inadequately funded for the job of manipulating the American government or the American people. At the true heart of the fight for gun rights in America are everyday people, like the members and organizers of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus—people who believe they have the inalienable right to defend themselves and who trust their fellow citizens enough to guarantee them that same right.

Despite the Brady Campaign’s baseless accusations and constant barrage of insults—such as Paul Helmke’s statement on Fox News, on October 26, 2007, that SCCC members are students who “like to dress up” to “feel more masculine”—they are unable to go toe-to-toe with SCCC on the facts. And because the organizers of SCCC are confident that facts will win out over rhetoric every time, the national officers for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus wish to extend the board of directors of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence an open invitation to debate the issue of concealed carry on college campuses, on the campus of any University in the United States of America.
    ~Mike F.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Jeep - based on Hamm's comments, I'd say you are getting under his skin and are making the turn. The first rule to remember when discussing/debating/looking/ doing anything with a liberal is that when the name calling and lunacy starts flying, you are winning. Hamm is factually bankrupt, hence the emotion. The left cannot debate with fact. They will run through the mantra and, when empty, resort to stupid comments like "drop out of school." Watch the emotion come out and call "CHECKMATE!"
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Jeep - based on Hamm's comments, I'd say you are getting under his skin and are making the turn. The first rule to remember when discussing/debating/looking/ doing anything with a liberal is that when the name calling and lunacy starts flying, you are winning. Hamm is factually bankrupt, hence the emotion. The left cannot debate with fact. They will run through the mantra and, when empty, resort to stupid comments like "drop out of school." Watch the emotion come out and call "CHECKMATE!"
    That's exactly what we're doing
    ~Mike F.

Please, may the gods let this debate happen, on national TV, prime time.

I for one would also love to see the financial records of the Brady Bunch.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Exactly - they've never argued with us using facts, only emotions.

To be honest, it's time for the entire anti-gun conglomerate to put up or shut up, and the time for pro-rights organizations to start going on the offensive instead of the defensive is past. We've put up and shown that we do have pretty much every statistic and fact out there supporting us. There's no reason for us to play defense any more.

I would strongly encourage other members to get into that mindset.
    ~Mike F.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    NRA sent me a hat and a T-shirt
    I love how detailed the gift disclosure is.

That second article is great!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links