RSS feeds for gun laws?

RSS feeds for gun laws?

This is a discussion on RSS feeds for gun laws? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of a good RSS feed for gun laws? Would make for a great way to keep up with stuff. (Believe it or ...

RSS feeds for gun laws?

Does anyone know of a good RSS feed for gun laws? Would make for a great way to keep up with stuff.

(Believe it or not, even LEO are on their own when trying to keep up with the law)

Ideally, I would like to find one specific to TN, however, anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector_Gadget View Post
    Does anyone know of a good RSS feed for gun laws? Would make for a great way to keep up with stuff.
    NRA-ILA has an RSS feed here: NRA-ILA Site Updates

This one might be worth looking at, too:

Gun News
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

I go to handgunlaw.us a lot. I think they have links.

sounding dumb here, what are RSS feeds

Oh, oh, I guess I do not know what an RSS feed is either.

Quote Originally Posted by ltc-usa View Post
    Oh, oh, I guess I do not know what an RSS feed is either.
    They are like news or blog aggregators. Here's a good link that describes it: RSS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my case, I have the google desktop sidebar running. I glance up into the corner of my screen and I see there's a new story from 57 minutes ago with the title "New York's Mayor Bloomberg Joins NRA" from Gun News.

Lots of sites offer RSS feeds (blogs AND news orgs) to allow people to follow content easier.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

thanks blackpr

ok But how do you set an RSS up?
    Last edited by johnnyrigger; February 20th, 2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: more info.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrigger View Post
    ok But how do you set an RSS up?
    Well, it depends! There's oodles of feed readers out there. I use two... I use RSSReader: RssReader - download and one of the add-on RSS readers in the Google Desktop Sidebar.

Defensive Carry has its own RSS feed. You can bring up RSSReader, and add this URL to it: You'll get EVERY post on DC... You can add and categorize feeds. There's bazillions of them. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like viewing DefensiveCarry via RSSReader:

http://www.rayrandolph.com/colt/rssfeed.jpg

You can get RSS feeds of every major newssource, and even select only content containing certain keywords instead of having to muck around a web interface.

I get a sound playing on my computer each time a new gun-related news story appears. I can also rapidly read all new posts on most forums I'm on. It stores it locally, so I can grab new messages and read them even without an internet connection, or on my Blackberry (which also has an RSS reader).

You can narrow down what you want... For example: gives you JUST "Conceal Carry Issues and Discussions" sub-forum instead of all of DC...

What it comes down to for me is that I can read every post on DC with an RSS reader, but I can't keep up if I use the web interface.

Rem

Outlook 2007 has a RSS reader, also prior versions can be setup with RSS. For me the RSS feeds get annoying - but a lot has to do with which RSS reader one is using I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Outlook 2007 has a RSS reader, also prior versions can be setup with RSS. For me the RSS feeds get annoying - but a lot has to do with which RSS reader one is using I guess.
    I didn't even mention outlook because I find it virtually unusable for RSS. There's a lot of good readers out there, and it's good to play around a bit and find one you like.

What I like best about all of it is being able to get news by search terms. So I can watch 57 different news-sites for the word "handgun". The aggregation abilities are where the real power is.

Links