1911 Too Deadly for Citizens to have.

This is a discussion on 1911 Too Deadly for Citizens to have. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man, I knew the LA Times was a worthless rag barely suitable for lining bird cages (I wouldn't even wish their drivel on a bird), ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Too Deadly for Citizens to have.

VIP Member
    Man, I knew the LA Times was a worthless rag barely suitable for lining bird cages (I wouldn't even wish their drivel on a bird), but this takes the cake.

Cocking serrations, for crying out loud. COCKING SERRATIONS! To paraphrase one of our esteemed legislators: "I think it's a thing that goes up..."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Stupidity like this......makes..........my..............brain.... ..............hurt.........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Cocking serrations, for crying out loud. COCKING SERRATIONS! To paraphrase one of our esteemed legislators: "I think it's a thing that goes up..."
    I thought that was the lug thingy?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I thought that was the lug thingy?
    Yeah, different accessories/modifications, same utter ignorance, coupled with the incredible desire to legislate that ignorance into law.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I'm gonna venture out on a limb here and say I'm petty sure Police Officers have been shot with the 1911 45acp and what usually hapens is they bleed,some of them recover from their wounds and some don't.I guess next they will try to ban my depleted uranium bb's for my red ryder bb gun

JD
    Administrator
    The sad part of it all is that the cocking serrations on the SIS are pretty much useless. Now the grips OTOH, I could go for a set of those minus the Kimber logo.

I'm still just totally befuddled on this one.

The 1911 has been around for how long now? And the media still can't figure stuff out?

Oh well, at least they didn't call it some sort high capacity assault pistol.

OD*
    The pistol's been around for 97 years and now it's dangerous? I better get one.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

In the words of a wise old Texas Ranger (Charlie Miller) when asked about his cocked-and-locked 1911, "I wouldn't carry the son of a if it wasn't dangerous."

Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

"The strategy has sometimes turned deadly; at least 37 suspects have been killed by SIS detectives since the unit was founded in 1965, according to police records."

controversy over this unit.... for 37 deaths in over 40yrs!! Please, lets add up how many murders have been commited, just during robberies alone!!

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Grn935oh View Post
    controversy over this unit.... for 37 deaths in over 40yrs!! Please, lets add up how many murders have been commited, just during robberies alone!!
    As far as I'm concerned, that's 37 dirtbags that won't commit anymore crimes.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Maybe if they were painted pink and had gold tassles hanging from them, they would be not as dangerous... but then they would look like a kids toy so they would be MORE dangerous...

Some people are just.... DUMB
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Wow, what a dumb statement.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

the etching on the weapon looks like SS symbols.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    Maybe if they were painted pink and had gold tassles hanging from them, they would be not as dangerous... but then they would look like a kids toy so they would be MORE dangerous...

Some people are just.... DUMB
    Then the question would be. " WHAT COLOR IS YOUR GLOCK?"

Also, If that pistol gets "CHROMONATED" then all of the little children will Die!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Come on guys...it could be much worse...at least the 1911 pistol doesn't have one of them thar' dangerous 'SHROUD' thing-a-ma-bobs...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links