National Park Carry: MERGED

This is a discussion on National Park Carry: MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BlackPR Well, we'll know on April 20th what the proposed rule change is and how long the comments period will be open. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Park Carry: MERGED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    Well, we'll know on April 20th what the proposed rule change is and how long the comments period will be open. Then I would expect a couple weeks delay before the new rule is implemented. So you can't carry just yet.

The rule is likely to allow carry in accordance with state law. In Colorado, at least, that would mean open carry is good to go and Conceal carry is good to go.

But you still can't carry an automatic knife. (I feel my next cause coming)
    Yeah, I realize it's not allowed yet. I guess I'm jumping the gun a little (bad pun intended) and hoping that this is the change that I want. I didn't expect this to happen in the slightest, but I'm glad I did.

The National Park I visit the most is the Smokies. So, that's why I'm wondering how TN stands on state parks, since I imagine it would follow that law.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    The National Park I visit the most is the Smokies. So, that's why I'm wondering how TN stands on state parks, since I imagine it would follow that law.
    You might be out of luck. I found this at: Tennessee State Parks: Frequently Asked Questions

Firearms are allowed at authorized firing ranges and at parks with authorized hunts. Firearms in transit must be unloaded and cased. No other firearms are allowed.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Sigh, when is Tennessee going to stop being embarrassing for gun laws and reform their CCW? Cmon guys to the south!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Sigh, when is Tennessee going to stop being embarrassing for gun laws and reform their CCW? Cmon guys to the south!
    We're trying, but we have some very idiosyncratic laws, and politicians, who are standing in the way. The trouble is, those politicians are very entrenched in the tiny little enclaves that have elected them as well as in the power structures of their respective political parties, and the rest of the state has to wait until "nature takes its course."

While Tenn. is pretty good on most of its handgun laws, the two points where we are lacking is carrying in city, or state parks and carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol. The State Senate has voted by good margins several times to change these laws but when the bills are sent to the House, Jimmy Naifeh and his munchkins have killed them every time, not allowing them to come to the floor for a vote by the full house, where they would very likely pass.

As far as the Smokey Mountains is concerned, the National Park straddles Tennessee and North Carolina and neither state currently allows carry in state parks. If the Federal Law is changed and later either TN or NC change their laws to allow park carry, I don't know how the new Federal Law will be enforced. I would say if you are good in one state, you are good anywhere in the National Park. But that's just me.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links