Bummer, the gun stays home. - Page 2

Bummer, the gun stays home.

This is a discussion on Bummer, the gun stays home. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just your butt...?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just your butt...?
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Yea, I don't know about that "Point Of Origin" stuff either.

I once worked for a company that had the "two guys to a room" policy.

I always told my bosses that I was an epileptic and that in spite of my meds, traveling sometimes made me have seizures and that these seizures could by very unnerving and embarrassing for a stranger to witness ... yada, yada yada... The bosses always got flustered and put at a loss for words. They quickly said "Ah, er, ok, no problem, seperate rooms for you two." It worked every time. Of course, I wasn't really epileptic
    You lied????
    Tony

Unhappy Bummer, the gun stays home

I would at least ask the boss to supply a car and a driver.

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf

Quote Originally Posted by johnstuf View Post
    I would at least ask the boss to supply a car and a driver.

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf
    Yeah, about that...

Started out I was going to be driving my supervisors company truck, then he realized that both of us (the guy I am going to IA with) smoke and started getting cranky about it.

I told him first off I respect the fact that he is a non smoker, and that I am one who keeps the fan on high and the window cracked so 99% of the smoke goes outside, and I have a bottle of Fabreeze at home when I get back.

"My truck is going to stink, and I will have to take it to get it steam cleaned"

"Your not letting us smoke on the drive is going to turn a 12 hour drive into 18."

"Smoke in my truck and John gets a new service truck before you." My truck is a POS 98 Chev 3500 with a 6.5 diesel with 180k miles, the oldest in the fleet, and the service body is coming apart - welded back together twice

"Do we need to start talking about a hostile work environment, and the fact that there is no policy in place about tobacco use?"

"Tell you what, here is my fuel card, take your truck and I'll pay the fuel."

"You going to cover a service (oil change ect) and any damage or repairs that occur?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

So... I am taking my truck. Just as well, 4wd, and I don't have to deal with installing the satellite radio in the bosses truck for the trip. I'll pad my hours to cover the service I did today.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I'd spend the bucks for my own room, or talk to the other person about splitting the cost of another room to give you both a private room.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Well, first of let me say that my arse still hurts. 10.5 hours & 702 miles, 1 stop for fuel.

Staying at the Best Western, good room, free breakfast and 2 free drinks in the lounge in the evenings.

Rain this morning, turned into 2" snowflakes by noon, then light snow and wind by 4. Made the roads a nice fun little ice skating rink.

Today in class, in the training shop area, some dummy set off a firecracker.

I flinched, stepped back and sideways behind some equipment and reached for my baby, that was not where it should have been. I also noticed that two others had subconsciously grabbed their hips, and the instructor that also flinched a bit said "I've got a .357 if you want to see what is louder." Interesting afternoon in all.

There are guys from all over the country here for this class.

Not looking forward to the drive home at all.
    Last edited by Scott; February 26th, 2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: language
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You made great time.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

ree
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I agree, that this 'stinks'...but I question the 'from point of origin' law.
    How can IA question how one carries while in another state? While you must stop prior to the state line to comply...how you carry in your vehicle can only be addressed by the state you are in...OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!
    I agree. I'm pretty sure, it's just 724.4 3 f that says:
    f. A person who for any lawful purpose carries or transports an unloaded pistol or revolver in a vehicle inside a closed and fastened container or securely wrapped package which is too large to be concealed on the person or inside a cargo or luggage compartment where the pistol or revolver will not be readily accessible to any person riding in the vehicle or common carrier.
    If you're traveling in from out of state, this only takes effect at the border.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links