Defensive Carry banner

carry laws

865 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BubbaX 
#1 ·
I will be going to MI in the near future and was wondwering if they honor IN ccw permits? where can i find such info
thanks
d

#6 · (Edited)
Unless Michigan law has changed very recently, that is not totally true. It is my understanding that they do not honor any non-resident licenses. They only honor licenses from residents of the issuing states.

Edit for clarification –
Here is an example of what I am talking about….
A resident of Florida with a Florida license can carry in Michigan.
A resident of Ohio with an Ohio license can also carry in Michigan.
But a resident of Ohio, who does not have an Ohio license, but does have a Florida non-resident license, cannot carry in Michigan. The non resident license is not honored in Michigan.

The same scenario is true in Colorado, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Kansas, and West Virginia.

#7 ·
MI honors IN licenses. I live in IN, work in MI, and live on the IN side of the state line. Needless to say I travel back and forth several times daily.

#8 ·
Non-residents of Michigan wishing to carry a concealed pistol in Michigan:
If you are a non-resident of Michigan with a valid concealed pistol permit from your home state, Michigan will recognize your permit. However, you must carry in conformance with any and all restrictions appearing on the permit. You are subject to Michigan’s concealed pistol law including but not limited to restrictions on where a concealed pistol may be carried. Please review the information provided on this website for further information.
MSP - Reciprocity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.