Carry in Louisville

Carry in Louisville

This is a discussion on Carry in Louisville within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be in Louisville over the weekend. Kentucky laws seem pretty straight forward and easy. Going to be doing some touristy stuff, possibly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carry in Louisville

I'm going to be in Louisville over the weekend. Kentucky laws seem pretty straight forward and easy. Going to be doing some touristy stuff, possibly go to the Louisville Slugger Museum. Is there any place in the downtown area that is posted prohibiting concealed carry? Or better yet, is there a searchable database someplace where people post the names of businesses which prohibit concealed guns?

Its pretty simple... no state government or city government buildings. Keep it concealed and you should be good...

check out Kentucky Coalition to Carry Concealed, Inc for some good info on Ky concealed carry.

The typical "gun ban signs" carry no legal weight at private businesses. That means you can stay armed and walk right in without breaking any laws. If the owner asks you to leave, you must. But if you are not open carrying, why would he do that?

You have to stay out of areas of restaurant that serve primarily for the consumption of alcohol. Or at least something like that. Basically, don't sit at the bar in a restaurant.

I love it when they make things easy. I've always liked Kentucky, this just makes it a little better...

Thanks for the responses....

Have a good trip

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    rule of thumb, if it serves and makes 51% of its profit on alcohol, carry is a no no...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    rule of thumb, if it serves and makes 51% of its profit on alcohol, carry is a no no...
    This is one of those rules I've never fully understood. Generally speaking, one would assume the usual chain restaurants (Applebee's, Outback, etc, etc, etc) would be fine. But seriously, how are you supposed to know?

Good question

Quote Originally Posted by rodeymo View Post
    This is one of those rules I've never fully understood. Generally speaking, one would assume the usual chain restaurants (Applebee's, Outback, etc, etc, etc) would be fine. But seriously, how are you supposed to know?
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the establishment's primary income is alcohol then it's name must have bar before restaurante. But I'm not sure and I can't remember the source so take that for what it's worth.

Here's the number for Jefferson County Police as well:
    Suburban:(502)574-2111 or Urban:(502)574-7111. Hope this helps. There are lots on interesting places to visit. Speed Museum, Sons of the American Revolution museum, Louisville Zoo, Military museum at Fort Knox, Hubers Orchard in Starlight, Indiana, etc. Enjoy your visit and stay safe.

DO NOT go to the frazier arms museum they do not let you carry and they should not get your money! Other than that "ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GLOCK OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by cheapthrills View Post
    DO NOT go to the frazier arms museum they do not let you carry and they should not get your money! Other than that "ROCK OUT WITH YOUR GLOCK OUT!"
    Me and the wife went down to the Fraizer Historical Arms Museum about 6 weeks ago, and we noticed the no guns sign. Talking about ironic...

Anyway, we decided not to give them our money, and just went to the Louisville Slugger Museum (across the street), and the Science Center which is across the street also.

Don't carry in Govt buildings and bar's and you'll be fine.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

VIP Member
    Kentucky has as good of carry laws as you'll find. The usual no carry in bars, Government buildings and post offices. Have a good visit.

Made it back from Louisville. I really like the town. I'm secretly hoping I can find a way to relocate the family to the area some day. While we were there, we stumbled across a nice little coffee shop down by U of L area which roasts their own beans. Definitely not my crowd, but the coffee was good. I would recommend it to all you coffee snobs in the area. There was a good mom & pop doughnut shop next door, Noonan's I think. Anyway, nothing better than a good doughnut and cup of coffee.

Spent most of the weekend attending a banquet at the Galt House, but did get out for a walk along 4th street Saturday afternoon and then a movie Saturday evening. Made it to the Louisville Slugger museum on Sunday. BTW, Louisville Slugger museum IS a posted no gun zone. Here's the thing that bugs me, either you are serious about having no firearms in your facility or or you aren't. If you are, then put up a sign that people can clearly see. If you are not serious, then take the signs down. But don't ride the fence by putting one of those transparent stickers on a dark tinted window.

I also have to say, you folks that live along the IN/KY border have it great. I hope you realize how nice it is to be able to cross into either of those states and not disarm. It is inconvenient to do so every time I go into Illinois.....

I hope you realize how nice it is to be able to cross into either of those states and not disarm.
    I do!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeymo View Post
    BTW, Louisville Slugger museum IS a posted no gun zone. Here's the thing that bugs me, either you are serious about having no firearms in your facility or or you aren't. If you are, then put up a sign that people can clearly see. If you are not serious, then take the signs down. But don't ride the fence by putting one of those transparent stickers on a dark tinted window.

I also have to say, you folks that live along the IN/KY border have it great. I hope you realize how nice it is to be able to cross into either of those states and not disarm. It is inconvenient to do so every time I go into Illinois.....
    Around the OH/KY border, gunbuster signs that refer to the Ohio Revised Code have been spotted on the wrong side of the river.
    So did you go in the museum armed anyway? It isn't against the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links