Have you ever felt so naked....?

This is a discussion on Have you ever felt so naked....? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...as the time you forgot your gun? (Or so stupid, for that matter.) I've been sick the past two days, and out of work for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever felt so naked....?

...as the time you forgot your gun? (Or so stupid, for that matter.)

I've been sick the past two days, and out of work for four. I barely left bed, and my gun didn't leave the headboard. While getting ready for work today I put on everything else...including my knife, multi-tool, flashlight, and speed strips - my RELOADS! - but completely forgot to grab my gun.

I was walking into the door at work and went "Wow, something feels weird......oh no!" It was two hours before I could go on break and run home to get my gun. I wouldn't say I felt scared - I'm not that paranoid - but I certainly felt different.

FWIW, at work I pocket carry my snubby .357. Sliding it in my pocket is usually the last thing I do while getting ready, but I forgot it for some reason today.

Anyone else ever have any "Oh, crap!" moments?
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Semper Vigilans et Paratus

Got to the car and had to turn around twice maybe even three times. You're right, naked and stupid. But mostly just angry with myself.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It happend to me once over here in Afghanistan. I changed out of PTs in to my ACU's thenwent running out to checkin with TOP before i reenlisted, right after the formation I hear my PLT SGT yelling for me, I knew right off the bat what it was when I moved my hand to my back to check and make sure it was on safe(Its a constant habit) I was pushing for every month I just reenlisted. 72 Close hand pushups. Haven't done it since.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

I often, during the work day, am in and out of the schools, jail, courts, etc... Besides the inconvenience (I have to wear IWB) of continually disarming, rearming, I always feel underdressed. Went to the state wrestling tournament over the weekend and our state one cannot carry at school sponsored activities. Didn't care to be in an arena with 8000 other people and disarmed... Same deal at the kids concerts, plays, sporting events, etc...

VIP Member
    Yup... been there, done that and got the t-shirt!

Got home from shopping to discover my holster had been empty the entire time!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Oops happen. Worse than forgetting to carry to work is taking your sidearm and putting it in your top draw, and then going home and leaving it there.

Hate it when that happens.

One of those mornings after a sleepless night when my head was in a fog it happened to me too. Had to wait untill lunch to retreive it. Wasn't scared just felt odd and like an idiot.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

it's happened to me before, usually when I'm running out on saturday morning to hit the convenience store real quick, it always hits me as I get out of the car, and I think "if somebody try's to rob this place while I'm here , I guess I'm just going to have to say 'baaaaaa' " it really does make you feel naked.

Usually occurs after class. Since I have to lock it up in the car, I sometimes forget it is still in the car when I get home and try to get comfy on the couch.

I dont sweat it the few times its happened.

I was on Jury Duty this week, talk about feeling naked. No gun, no knife and surrounded by criminals!

Senior Moderator
    Today I came home from work at lunch, took my gun off when I went to the bathroom and had some lunch and then ran out the door to go back to work.

While I was bounding down the stairs it occurred to me that I felt a lot "lighter" for some reason.

I didn't make it down the second flight before I turned around and ran back up.

It's been a LONG time since I've walked out the front door without my gun. I just didn't have that reassuring weight on my hip.

Before I bought my P3AT...I worked in a situation that did not allow for concealed carry at work...nor was it feasible. I was keeping my Ultra CDP in my laptop bag in my truck while at work. Each night I would carry it in the house with me straight away and then at bedtime, place it on the nightstand.
    On occasion, I'd have to do some stuff outside the house before going inside...and a couple of times...I would head in...eat dinner and then relax...and find that I had left the bag out in the truck...and have to go out and get it at midnight.
    Once or twice...I was so exhausted after my typical 17 hour workdays...that I would wake up at 0400 the next morning to find that I had never brought it in at all...it's a weird uncomfortable feeling...

I can also relate to the "running to the convenience store" example too...been there...done that.
    NRA Certified Basic Pistol and Basic Rifle Instructor
    Coming soon- Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Instructor Certification

US Concealed Carry Magazine

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Yes. The latch on my car had turned inside the door so I had to run my seatbelt through the door handle to keep it closed while I made the run to my dad's diesel shop to get the tools to fix it. Never realized how crazy I drive until I was sliding all over the damn place. Never felt so "naked" in my life, even when I've been naked.

I've done it a couple of times. I realized it when I got to work, but since I only live a couple of miles from work I went back home & got it.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links