I'm simply amazed and steamed!

This is a discussion on I'm simply amazed and steamed! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel that a huge part of this problem is the local government. Namely the mayor of NO. If you remember he is the one ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm simply amazed and steamed!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I feel that a huge part of this problem is the local government. Namely the mayor of NO. If you remember he is the one that stated on camera that upwards of 10,000 are dead. HUH? I think we all know that is a huge lump of BS. He is the first in the line of politicians that should be to blame. After all it is his city.---------

2. Remove Ads

The other thing I realized while eating dinner was that we allowed each family in Iraq to keep one full-auto AK for personal protection - but we're taking guns from US citizens.

This hurts. We're fighting to give rights to people who don't want them and taking them from people who do.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

VIP Member
    Those who forget history are doomed to relive it. It's not the first time a mother state, overreacting following the exposure of it's ineptitude, tries to redirect blame, overreach authority, and protect itself from the wrath of those it let down. The free man's regard for the last meaningful straw of liberty, his arms, was underestimated by General Gage when he sent his troops from Boston to confiscate a couple of cannon and powder in Concord. Most of the populace (read flock) was willing to compromise, but the minutemen met them halfway, at Lexington.

The democratic mayor of NO had plenty of school busses etc to get everybody out. The democratic governor of LA had plenty of Guard to equip the dome with food and water, but she wouldn't let the feds have authority until too late. But not too late to blame "W."

Head for the hills!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Well, I can hope someone meets them half way in NO.

If they put out a call for aid, I'll fill up the car and go.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

I'm glad I was reminded that in Iraq, the U.S. military is allowing each family to keep a fully automatic weapon of choice (like an AK-47) for their personal protection. Meanwhile, here in America we're taking revolvers and shotguns from American citizens who are in a disaster area that surpasses anything you'll find in the middle east, who are at the mercy of anyone who wants to do them harm and when asked why, the answer is "It's for your own protection". Only in America!!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

VIP Member
    I'm thinking a snow emergency here in MN will be their next excuse.

If they hear rumors about stashes of brass, lead, primers, and powder in the northwoods, I'll attest to it.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

[B]Tank

I emailed 'em too. I'm a life member and have a couple of insurance policies provided by the NRA to members. I'm watching closely. There should be a public, firm response to this abomination. (I can't get started on this topic, I'll end up breaking all the rules.)

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I will be on the phone first thing monday morning. Suggest we all contact every elected representitive we can and let them know how we feel about this.
    I can only hope that the evil people who devised this little scheme will rot in jail over it. It was/is a gross violation of civil rights.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I mentioned in the thread in the 2nd ammendment forum I emailed the govenor's office and attorney general's public information office asking them what was the legal basis of the confiscations.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar

Angry

and remember that own in Ohio(?) where the cops kicked in every door in the place and took every gun. What did the NRA do about that?
    These guys are great at taking money but not too good at standing up.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Guys and Gals I will speak frank here. First I am Disabled Veteran who has served my country in time of war and peace. Secondly, I am a professional mental health counselor and things in NOLA will change alot of things for this country. I hate to see decent legally armed people being disarmed. I mean they even called our own citizens refugees and failed to come to their aid pronto.

This country is really coming to the haves and have nots I mean if you make less than 100, 000 a year guess what file you in the poor box. I mean lets move beyond color and recognize only the RED, BLUE AND WHITE. Lets look at the situation here you had people looting and stealing, and those citizens saw fit to arm themselves and they did. Keep your eyes open people they may be coming for our guns. And this I will throw in for free: The rich have been telling the poor that "hey you know you guys hate each other you know the black and white thing" and for years we have bought into this mentality. Why friends. When your dad and my dad, your mom and mom stood on the same factory floor 12 hours a day for less than 10.00 dollars an hour.

Lets stand up and lock and load for the average citizen. The guy who shops at Wal-mart the guy who works a little over time because sue or johnny needs something for school. Lets come together for once and for all against the bad guys regardless of color and if need be defend..eyes on the front sight. I am sick and tired of my brothers and sisters in arms dying over seas and we here in the states are doing little or nothing to represent what they are dying for: Freedom!

I mean even our public schools are falling short and are not preparing our kids to be educated and run the America of tomorrow. Lets give the poor performing schools and keep their kids on the bottom. He_ _ no you wont either you will train sue and bobby to be kick ***** Americans regardless of color who can and will defend this land against all foreign and domestic. (Somebody, pass me a fresh magazine I am feeling happy )

Moreover, even the terrorist know that a house divided can not stand,(have you seen the latest episode of "Over there when the insurgent called the black soldier a deragatory statement, they know guys, they know our buttons and they know its hard for us to let this horse die and move on we teach it to our kids and so on so on they know how to divide and conquer) so they are more than happy to see us let our people die in NOLA and we turn our nose up at them and call them refugees when they are legally born citizens.

Guys and Gals I tell you this I am so angry because this mess has gone on for too long. Lets do something here lets show them why we run the farthest, shoot the best, fear the least and if need be kicked the most *****. America, the beautiful, the land of the free.
    Last edited by BlueLion; September 12th, 2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Assistant Administrator
    I am with you Blue against the bad guys - whatever their origins - that's a four for sure.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Not to get off the subject, but what is wrong with calling the people who left NOLA refugees? We've become so PC in this country it's gotten to the point of being nauseating. Yes, the evacuees/displaced persons/escapees/you name it are Americans, so what! Can't an American be a refugee? Why does it offend some people that an AMERICAN can be a refugee? A refugee, by definition, is "An individual seeking refuge or asylum; One who flees in search of refuge; An exile who flees for safety". Isn't this what the people of NOLA are? I've had seven "refugee's" from NOLA staying with me for over two weeks now and the term doesn't bother them a bit. That being the case, why does it seem to bother a great number of people who WEREN'T forced to leave their homes? Is it a touch of guilt that most of us are still in our nice, cozy, comfortable homes while some of our neighbors are forced to live in shelters and accept the charity of others or is it more a nationalistic snobbery that American's can't be "refugee's" because they're, well, AMERICAN'S? We all live on the same big world and a refugee is a refugee, whether from Ethiopia, eastern Europe, China or the good old U.S. A. Maybe we should be less concerned with being PC an not offending a few people's sensibilities and begin talking straight, telling it like it is and dealing with the crisis at hand.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I agree 100%. If a person or group is forced from their home by circumstances, be it natural disaster or man made catastrophe and they become in essence wards of the state where they have lost control over their own destiny having to live by rules or infrastructure which basis is POLICY rather than Constitution, they are of necessity REFUGEES. This is something I have vowed to never become and I have acted with foresight to preclude such circumstances. Should I be required to bug out from an area under pressure of inhabitable conditions, I have a place to go to and supplies when I get there. I will be secure in transit. I will be secure before I leave and I will be secure in the new location.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links