Defensive Carry banner

Concealed hand gun license

3K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  Hillbilly1964 
#1 ·
Over at Ohio For Concealed Carry forum there is a discussion going on what to call your license. Sounds unimportant, but I think it should be more uniform. There is a pole on that site with all kind of letters, CHL CCW CCP CHP and so on. The CHL has 95% of the votes. Just want to know if some of you think it should be uniform and what letters do you think would be the most uniform threw out the country ? Stay Safe

#3 ·
I don't think it should be uniform because that could lead to national issue, which would get the federal gov't involved, and nothing good ever comes from that. I would prefer CWP, as in concealed weapons permit. Mine however is CHL, which limits me to a handgun.

#12 ·
LOVE that one....

In Florida it’s called a concealed weapons permit, since it allows you to carry just about everything; including auto knifes, Billy clubs, mace, tazors, and oh ya pistols. So for us it’s a CWP but most forums call it a CCL.

And like Ghost Tracker said, I don’t care what they call it, so long as they recognized & reciprocated

#6 ·
Ohio.
Pulled mine out and took a look at it.
Says "LICENSE" right on it.
Reckon that's what I will call it.

#7 ·
I like Arizona's: CWP Concealed Weapons Permit, and it does mean all LEAGAL weapons can be carried.

#9 ·
If given a choice I think CWP (Concealed Weapon Permit) sounds about right.

My state calls it Concealed Firearm Permit. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
I wish Washington had a CWP (concealed weapons permit) or CWL (concealed weapons license) which would cover other weapons as well as guns. We have a CPL (concealed pistol license) whis is just for pistols. If we had one permit for all defensive tools then we wouldn't have the problem of different municipalities creating their own restrictive legislation.

#13 ·
It's called a CHL here, and the actual license has those letters preceding the serial number. CHLN ******* Most folks still know what you're talking about when you say permit or CCW though.

#17 ·
I just had to pull mine out to remind me what it says.
The permit says "Resident Permit to Carry Concealed Firearms".....so I guess the applicable initials would be CCF.

Boy, I feel like the odd ball out. I guess it's technically a "Concealed Firarms Permit" so I could get away with "CFP".....Hrmm. I still always call it a CCW, because everyone knows what I'm talking about.

#20 ·
Whatever the first two words might be, I'd prefer to have the third one NOT be "permit".

Maybe it's just me, but the idea that I'm "permitted" by some government to do anything which I regard as already being my Constitutional right rankles me.

#21 ·
Mine (KY) is Concealed Deadly Weapons License.

#27 ·
Ours is CCW - Carry of Concealed Weapons. But I don't care as long as it allows me to carry any legal weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.