School Shooting at my College, Just a few minutes ago!

This is a discussion on School Shooting at my College, Just a few minutes ago! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well folks you're the first to hear about it. It happened next to my building. 2 black males apparently shot someone in the parking lot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Shooting at my College, Just a few minutes ago!

School Shooting at my College, Just a few minutes ago!

Well folks you're the first to hear about it. It happened next to my building. 2 black males apparently shot someone in the parking lot downstairs. We have an emergency notification system and at least it worked within minutes. Man, this is getting rediculous.

2. Remove Ads

Stay safe....
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

What college is it that you attend?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    What college is it that you attend?

- Janq
    +1 are you in Fayetteville at U of A or UALR in Little Rock? or some smaller college?
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

ree
    Must be UALR (see One Person Injured in UALR Shooting|Channel 7 News right now, link will change later).
    Last edited by ree; February 27th, 2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Updated link to story instead of TV station front page.

VIP Member
    That really sucks! Glad you're okay.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Wow, I'm sure that's a scary situation to be in. Looks like today was a bad day, another shooting in TN just earlier also.
    UPDATE: 4th Victim And Suspect Now Dead In Edgemont Towers Shooting - News - TriCities.com
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

wow that sucks! stay safe man!

Quote Originally Posted by ree View Post
    Must be UALR (see One Person Injured in UALR Shooting|Channel 7 News right now, link will change later).
    Yep, UALR. (University of Arkansas at Little Rock)

Quote Originally Posted by mustang00066 View Post
    Wow, I'm sure that's a scary situation to be in. Looks like today was a bad day, another shooting in TN just earlier also.
    UPDATE: 4th Victim And Suspect Now Dead In Edgemont Towers Shooting - News - TriCities.com
    Its just one person down here, but thats too many.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    Man, this is getting ridiculous.
    I am not sure if shootings on campus are really happening more often or if we are just more aware of them at a national level. Obviously the V-Tech and North IL are special cases, but violence on campus is hardly new.

I am glad to see the urgency of the response (both police and public) to this and similar events. If we always responded to violent crime like this there would be a lot less of it.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    you know all of these shootings lately have got me thinking... Have there always been this many shooting occuring and they just werent reported on, or is this nation becoming so bad that we cant even attend a place of higher education without fear of being shot. Personally I would love to carry while I'm getting a higher education but they wont let me for fear that my holstered gun is going to come out and do harm. This nation is so screwed up in their thinking its not even funny
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I am not sure if shootings on campus are really happening more often or if we are just more aware of them at a national level. Obviously the V-Tech and North IL are special cases, but violence on campus is hardly new.

I am glad to see the urgency of the response (both police and public) to this and similar events. If we always responded to violent crime like this there would be a lot less of it.
    nutz4utwo and rangerman, very true, but I've been here awhile (over 10 years) and it seems like we hear of school shootings much more than we used to. The first one here that I can recall.

BTW, the emergency notification system worked great! Nothing like a headsup with the shooting literally only minutes old. Still too late to react if you're the target in a classroom.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by mustang00066 View Post

Sad day in my area indeed...This occured a couple miles away.. We got a memo a little after it occured, our secuirty brought the smokers inside and from what im hearing ensured all our doors were locked. Little relief since its a strictly no "have anything you can protect yourself with" company.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.
    "What if? If not, who needs seatbelts, life rafts, and fire extingishers. Sure theres other ways, if thats what you want... I know ill be alive, dry, and not on fire!"

G17, G19, G36, PPK/S
    Support the right - www.vcdl.org

I wonder if the shooting was part of the carrry over from yseterdays shooting in Little Rock. The whole story is not out yet but serveral teenagers from different HS got into a shooting match at one of the parks in LR just after school let out yesterday. I am thinking the said that 11 students were hit on last night's news....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links