Okies: Get on Your State Reps and Senators!! College Bill Moves Forward!!

This is a discussion on Okies: Get on Your State Reps and Senators!! College Bill Moves Forward!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; See link below: Tulsa World: Bill would let college students bear arms...

Thread: Okies: Get on Your State Reps and Senators!! College Bill Moves Forward!!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

"...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I saw this on Channel 8 tonight....I'm going to make some calls and rally the troops. This would be great. Only bad thing, Channel 8 told the story from the Anti side. All interviews done w/ students saying this was a bad idea. Not one positive side.
    God Bless America!!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    I saw this on Channel 8 tonight....I'm going to make some calls and rally the troops. This would be great. Only bad thing, Channel 8 told the story from the Anti side. All interviews done w/ students saying this was a bad idea. Not one positive side.
    Look at the comments -- quite a few positive ones.

Hopefully the bill would change the wording of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act (our CCW law). In it, those who are licensed to carry are BARRED from carrying on any college campus in OK (well, to be specific, from carrying inside any building on campus). This would need changing first.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    We need to get it changed for our schools, too. It really gives me the red-ass to have to disarm to go to my son's elementary school - - that is ONE place where everyone who has a child and wants to be should be armed. Nothing is more important to protect, and there is no place where more valuable, defenseless assets are assembled for predation. We need to look to the Israelis on this....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully the bill in Indiana moves forward so I can carry.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Emails sent. Let's see if we can't get some momentum going.

Done deal!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Now...in a bit of irony from other previous postings...the bill appears to say allow "students" only to carry concealed...it says nothing of non-students (i.e., parents etc.). It also appears to indicate 'trusted and school approved students' only (i.e., might be a way to get my son's grades up).

Rick

Rep. Paul Roan, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper for 25 years, voted against the bill, saying such a law could greatly hinder law enforcement."You wouldn't know who the players are," he said.
    Because weapons now are banned, he said, police can tell if someone comes onto campus "with a gun for evil purposes."
    By the time they know someone has a gun on campus, it's already to late! So leaving people defenseless is a better solution?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Sponsored Links