Restaurant carry questions

This is a discussion on Restaurant carry questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I realize that some are able, and some are not. Just weeding things out for a future poll for restaurant carry. I'm not discriminating in ...

View Poll Results: You are, or not able to carry concealed in restaurants in your state

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can carry in restaurants in my state no problem

114 88.37%
  • I cannot carry into restaurants in my state by law

15 11.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant carry questions

Restaurant carry questions

I realize that some are able, and some are not. Just weeding things out for a future poll for restaurant carry. I'm not discriminating in any way, I just want to pose a question to those who are able to carry inside restaurants as my state allows. Can you or can you not carry into restaurants?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Washington can. The exception is any area cordoned off for 21 and older.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Currently in Arizona if the restaurant serves alcohol, no. But it looks like a proposed bill is about to change that.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I did not realize until I got on this forum that I could, But after it was pointed out and I reread the law I learned that MS has a 51% law.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    I did not vote, because in Tennessee, the answer would be "maybe yes and maybe no." I cannot carry into any restaurant which serves alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, so I spend my money at Cracker Barrel and Shoney's now (as well as some fast food places, as my waistline will attest ).

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    51% rule in Texas!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    MA and NH do NOT restrict ccw in restaurants or bars.

Thus it is no problem unless the gun possessor becomes drunk (crime in MA, unsure about NH).

I can't think of any restaurants that have a 51% sign. I guess I might see one some day, but so far every restuarant I've been to I could carry.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

How can I find out about Alabama's view on this?

I hate to ask this but would someone explain the 51% rule?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgriggs View Post
    Try handgunlaw.us. There are links and information for all the states' carry laws there. Gary does a good job of keeping it updated.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

51% rule means that the establisment derives more than 51% of it's income from the sale of alcohol for onsite consumption therefore, making the licensed or unlicensed possesion of a handgun on the premises illegal, for those states that have it enacted.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I did not vote, because in Tennessee, the answer would be "maybe yes and maybe no.".
    Ditto, Re: Virginia

However, it is more of a personal problem, than a real one -- hence the "maybe."

I cannot carry concealed in any restaurant which serves alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption . However, I can open carry in one and drink. Go figure!

So, I, too, spend a fair amount of my money at Cracker Barrel, Shoney's and a few local places -- esp when with folk who might be surprised that I carry.

OTOH, when alone I'll do the "VA Tuck" and eat & have a beer, if I want. No problem.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I did not vote, because in Tennessee, the answer would be "maybe yes and maybe no." I cannot carry into any restaurant which serves alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, so I spend my money at Cracker Barrel and Shoney's now (as well as some fast food places, as my waistline will attest ).
    We used to have Shoney's here--I dunno what happened to them, but i miss them!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgriggs View Post

I hate to ask this but would someone explain the 51% rule?
    The state of Alabama has only two restrictions on carry. Those are court houses and public K-12 schools. State office buildings usually have a sign saying that you can't carry, but there is no legal basis for this. I wouldn't like to try them though.

That said, pgrass101 lives in Elmore County and his permit says that he can't carry into a place that serves alcohol. My permit in Perry County, my brother-in-law in Montgomery County, nor a friend in Tuscaloosa County has that on the permit. pgrass101 and I talked about this a while ago and decided that in reality since the Sheriff determines who gets the permit he can probably add restrictions and enforce them within his county. We both wondered what would happen if pgrass was in say Lee County and carried into a place that serves alcohol. We got no real satisfactory answer, but are pretty sure that the restriction would only affect carry in the issuing county because the sheriff cannot enforce it in another county.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Since it seems unanimous so far---could you all check in to the other thread? (those who can carry in restaurants)
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...questions.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links