Printing

Printing

This is a discussion on Printing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you care if your weapon leaves a print? Just wondering how much voodoo it really is to print a little?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Printing

V8 [OP]

Printing

Do you care if your weapon leaves a print? Just wondering how much voodoo it really is to print a little?

VIP Member
    Concealed is concealed. The advantages to concealment is gone if you print. Plus some places ( like Walmart ) doesn't want to see your gun. I never want anyone to see I'm carrying.

I take some serious pride in my stealth ability. Printing is for documents.

if you're printing you may as well just open carry
    Last edited by ChuglyXJ; February 29th, 2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: yeah, umm, I need to read before clicking

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    It doesn't bother me if I print a little, but I think I do a pretty good job concealing, even though I wear t-shirts mainly.

Now, having the shirt come up over the grip of the gun, that's another story, though it was interesting to see people's looks....

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

How bad are you guys printing? Do you wear skin tight t-shirts?
    If you are slightly printing, no one will notice. People do not pay close attention to strangers.

There's a bump there generally and at times you might see an actual ridge but I don't get up tight about it. Part of carrying concealed is moving naturally so that you don't bring attention to your weapon side. I'd rather have a bump than walk around like an idiot and be worse off than I was in the first place.

If you can make out a ridge, your cover garment is too tight!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Sometimes printing is relative me thinks...........you always feel your printing more than your probley are. I'm sure I print from time to time a little but most, if none, ever notice. I'm pretty good at concealing my sidearm.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

im fine when walking, but if i bend over, i cant find a good spot with my XD40 service model that wont print the bottom of the grip, SC would take care of that though

As far as printing most people wouldn't know if the bump was a gun or an iphone

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I think that the greatest danger of printing is that you will do all the wrong things to prevent it, thus drawing attention to the very thing that most people would never even notice if you weren't constantly tugging on your shirt/vest/jacket or reaching under it to readjust your holster.

If it bothers you that much, THEN it's a problem. Get a bigger cover garment.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Standing perfectly still, straight and tall I don't print at all. However as I bend, twist and reach there is a bump you can see under my cover garments sometimes. To my knowledge no one has ever noticed. So no I don't worry about a little bump under my shirt.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Don't be like a woman endlessly fidgeting with that new diamond engagement ring because she really wants people to notice it.

Many people who are new to carrying call way too much attention to themselves by constantly checking, pulling, tugging, readjusting...etc.

If you buy a well designed holster and have good gun belt and some decent cover clothing then you'll be just fine.

You should try really hard to get yourself totally comfortable with carrying your firearm.
    Once you are 100% comfortable with yourself and have confidence in your carry equipment you really will go unnoticed.

That being said if you are really obviously bulging and printing then experiment with different body locations and shop around for better accoutrement's because there is a certain pride that goes along with being properly well concealed.

If you're going to carry concealed then you might as well make your best attempt to be as professional as possible about it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I agree....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links