Other CCW where I was eating. . .

This is a discussion on Other CCW where I was eating. . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I went to The Olive Garden last night. They serve alcohol there so I had to disarm. As I was walking into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other CCW where I was eating. . .

Other CCW where I was eating. . .

My wife and I went to The Olive Garden last night. They serve alcohol there so I had to disarm. As I was walking into the restaurant I wondered if there was anyone there that was also a CCW. I like to look at people and try to see if they are or not. Well as we where walking out right there in my face a big SUV with a CCW school advertised. The one my wife and father are going to next month. I told my wife that it was pretty cool and comforting to know I had a fellow CCWer to have my back if something went bad.
    If that person is on this forum on trying to make people aware of getting your CCW.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    They could have your back if something went bad after you got to your car. It's ashame he couldn't have your back inside the restaurant.

Ya I know! it is illegal for us to carry in any place that serves alcohol.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

That law sucks. I'm glad NV doesn't have that law. Lots of places here serve alcohol.

I wouldn't care for that law either. Here in PA we can carry anywhere but a courthouse. Heck, " No Firearms " signs only amuse us, as they legally mean nothing here. Concealed is concealed.
    'Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you.'

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    My wife and I went to The Olive Garden last night. They serve alcohol there so I had to disarm. As I was walking into the restaurant I wondered if there was anyone there that was also a CCW. I like to look at people and try to see if they are or not. Well as we where walking out right there in my face a big SUV with a CCW school advertised. The one my wife and father are going to next month. I told my wife that it was pretty cool and comforting to know I had a fellow CCWer to have my back if something went bad.
    If that person is on this forum on trying to make people aware of getting your CCW.
    This is one of the reasons why you won't find any stickers on my vehicles: you, probably correctly, assumed that this someone else was armed by the sticker on thier vehicle.

I don't desire anyone to know I am, for any reason.

Cruc, grey man, Cruc

In TX, we can carry in restaurants and bars unless they derive over 51% of their income from alcohol sales. There are actually very few places where I've seen the 51% sign.

North Dakota says you have to disarm anywhere that has an onsale liquor licence. Really is a bummer for those of us that don't drink. In my opinion it should be like driving, if your drinking, then no carry, but if your sober, then my rights are still intact. Just my opinion.
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

i love how politicians can't realize that people can go out and not drink... just because they're all alcoholics and can't handle themselves doesn't mean we are and can't.

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    They could have your back if something went bad after you got to your car. It's ashame he couldn't have your back inside the restaurant.
    I don't know the laws where you are from but here in Florida, If I want to go to the Olive Garden with my sig, I can. As long as I don't sit at the bar. It sounds like you wheren't there to sit at the bar so its rather foolish not to be armed. That environment is a high percentage area to become a victim. Be SAFE, Be ARMED. Gun Laws do more harm to their people then good.

TyC
    Ahh good ol'Utah. We have our fair share of problems but guns laws are not one of them. Carry into a bar and drink so long as you are not intoxicated.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

What part of Ohio are you from elray? There is a guy in the Dayton area with a big red SUV that has CCL courses advertised on it. I took my course through him. And yes the no firearms in a place that serves alcohol for consumption law is the dumbest law ever, hopefully that will change soon, just like the "Buckeye tuck" did.

Here comes my nickle. In my state we have the same stupid law. We all have to make a choice in this. I carry concealed, Ihave no intention of ever being an unarmed victim period. Once again one must make their own choice.
    Jack dog

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    I wouldn't care for that law either. Here in PA we can carry anywhere but a courthouse. Heck, " No Firearms " signs only amuse us, as they legally mean nothing here. Concealed is concealed.
    Same here in CO. We can carry in bars. we just can't be under the influence.

as long as it isn't a Bar or a restaurant whose predominant sales are from alcohol, I can carry, which is great as I don't drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links