Mass Shootings.

Mass Shootings.

This is a discussion on Mass Shootings. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If every time one of these well publicized mass shootings occurs, we all wrote our State and Federal Legislaters explaining how Concealed Carry would have ...

Thread: Mass Shootings.

Mass Shootings.

If every time one of these well publicized mass shootings occurs, we all wrote our State and Federal Legislaters explaining how Concealed Carry would have minimized the carnage, perhaps it would do some good in protecting our 2nd Amendment right.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

usually

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    If every time one of these well publicized mass shootings occurs, we all wrote our State and Federal Legislaters explaining how Concealed Carry would have minimized the carnage, perhaps it would do some good in protecting our 2nd Amendment right.
    Yeah it would help but usually these mass shooting happen where guns are banned from carrying... ie... malls, schools & businesses. The shooters arent stupid just dumb. Remember the shooting that happened in the church not too long ago that had armed security? When was the last time you ever heard of a church that had concealled carry security?
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

If every time one of these well publicized mass shootings occurs, we all wrote our State and Federal Legislaters...
    I often read what is on Fox news. If I wrote every time there was an illegal shooting, it would look like I was operating a xerox machine.

I write our two Senators at least once a month regarding issues that I am concerned about. Sometimes, we agree sometimes, we don’t. But that’s politics.

Both of Florida Senators, one Republican one Democratic, are pro 2A, and endorse Florida CCL laws.

So, I don’t see a reason to write them regarding the Wendi’s shootings.

I always advocate contacting legislators and the media whenever we see something that makes guns and gun owners appear in a bad light. Be polite and always know your facts, not that facts make much sense to antis.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

"Both of Florida Senators, one Republican one Democratic, are pro 2A, and endorse Florida CCL laws."

Are you KIDDING? Nelson hasn't seen a gun control bill that he didn't LOVE!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I've contacted both of my senators and my congresswoman many times. One senator and my congresswoman are Pro-Defense. The other senator is Anti-Defense. I'm on the road at the moment, but my wife just told me earlier that I got a letter from one of them. I'm curious to see who sent it, and what they had to say... Sadly it will have to wait until Friday.
    Last edited by lacrosse50; March 4th, 2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: me no spel so gud
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I have (and would highly encourage others) to write their State Senators & Representatives. They are the ones who write the state laws. I recently wrote my Gov, State Sen & State Rep. The Gov has written back so far suggesting that I contact the others since they write the laws of the state.

One of the reasons I love Texas so much is our Governor. He stated in a press conference about a year that he thinks we properly licensed Texans should be able to carry anywhere in the state. No exceptions!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    "Both of Florida Senators, one Republican one Democratic, are pro 2A, and endorse Florida CCL laws."

Are you KIDDING? Nelson hasn't seen a gun control bill that he didn't LOVE!
    I must be missing something.

In letters from Senator Nelson he states he is pro 2A, and believes in our right to own firearms. He also stated that the loophole allowing gun shows to sell firearms without background checks, should be fixed.

I just looked at his voting records, and unless Iím missing something, I donít see anything other than that he has voted on that has to do with firearms, or 2A.

So, if you know a senate bill he has voted or sponsored that is otherwise, please let me know.

Apparently your senators aren't Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray. They would probably take my letter to some secret club and ridicule me for being stuck in 19th century thinking. I shouldn't be so mean though, Patty Murray took the time to visit my school when I was in 5th grade. Me and my fellow like 10 year olds loved listening for an hour about how accomplished she was.

Now state reps and even our congresswoman here are different. I have called many of them up at home to chat, and seeing as how it's election time again I suspect I will be hearing / calling them again (officer w/ state college republicans). Of course most of them have to call me back because it seems they are all busy planting/harvest/etc their crops. Not a crowd I really worry about when it comes to gun rights. Of course our new state senator was the one who hired strippers for a work party when he ran a car dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    He also stated that the loophole allowing gun shows to sell firearms without background checks, should be fixed.
    Isn't the "gun show loophole" idea (that it needs to be closed) generally considered gun control and anti-second?

Quote Originally Posted by Volodymyr View Post

Isn't the "gun show loophole" idea (that it needs to be closed) generally considered gun control and anti-second?
    To some it would be considered anti- 2A and I can agree with them.

But, I can also agree that we need to take steps to reduce the amount of gun ending up in the hands of BG's.

Will gun show background checks accomplish that? NO I would think not. BGís will just break in to houses, and steal guns and ammo they need.

But, in the over all scheme of politics, you have to give a little to take a little.

And there are far bigger issues I would like to address.

Example: I would like a national recognition for CCL. The same way driversí licenses are, not a national CCL.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Example: I would like a national recognition for CCL. The same way driversí licenses are, not a national CCL.
    Sounds good, but in actuality that is a scary thought.

Case in point. I failed my first drivers test. You know what question I failed on? How far do a bicyclist's headlight have to be visible at night?

You know why I had to know that? The feds, which stipulate license regulations because of it's national recognition, claimed I had to know that.

Think what that could do to handguns! "Okay class, first rule of obtaining your concealed permit. Repeat after me, guns are bad."

I would much prefer an optional national CCL to supplement any state CCL.

Links