I've got three states to choose between.

This is a discussion on I've got three states to choose between. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would say it depends on you price range and what you have in mind. Im in Miami and what you can buy here might ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I've got three states to choose between.

I would say it depends on you price range and what you have in mind. Im in Miami and what you can buy here might be half of what you can buy for the same price somewhere else. All depends on price and wants.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Daniella View Post
    So..where in Florida is the best place to live?

I was thinking on the Atlantic side (West Palm Beach to Key Largo) but how is the Gulf Side (Tampa to Naples)?

Where is the best beaches? And access to the best gun stores..
    Best beaches are definitely on the Gulf side. Warmer water too. If it were me, I'd start there......maybe Sarasota.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Oh, I forgot...I saw recently on some CNN.com story that in a ranking of the best cities to live (not sure if it was the U.S. or FL), Lake Mary in the Orlando area got high...if not THE highest...rating. Could be a happy medium...close to the major theme parks, but I don't think too close, and almost smack in the middle of the state, where it's a fairly short drive to either coast.

-JT
    It was a ranking of communities under 50,000 population. Lake Mary finished 3d or 4th. I actually live in Lake Mary. Great community, but alas, no ocean.....

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Comes down to which geography you prefer......and whether you can tolerate Texans!

I think anyone can tolerate the most friendly people on the face of the planet (just stay out of houston.)
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

People are very friendly in San Francisco as well..

People are very friendly in San Francisco as well..
    If your avatar is really you, I think people are going to be friendly to you no matter where you are.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

The pictures is really me..taken by a web cam around two weeks ago..But thanks for the compliment..

There, put my picture up as my avatar :)

Only ever been to Stockton, CA. CA in general is too bloody expensive. Firearm laws are too bloody silly.

'Governator' items for sale in the Sacramento airport gift shops are funny, though.

-JT

Didn't read the last 5-pages, so not sure if brought up. Florida is VERY unfriendly to new homeowners! The tax laws are archaic and designed to protect retirees and low income folks that have been lived there for years. I moved here 2-yrs ago and have been royally screwed by real estate taxes and insurance rates.

I'm paying 2-3 times what my neighbors are in RE taxes, and the houses here are less than 10-yrs old! You pay taxes on what you bought the house for, not the continually re-appraised value like most areas. The system screws the most recent buyer, and now by law, only new buyers who are from out of state or buying their first house!

Insurance rates, car and RE, are 2-3 times what I paid in the Chicago area. Start reading FARK.com. Florida has it's own tag because there are so many idiots down here making news. Only State with it's own tag! Only thing I can say is it's got good gun laws, and is a "relatively" nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there!

wow..that bad huh..well thanks for the heads up..sounds like maybe Texas should get another look..

wow..that bad huh..well thanks for the heads up..sounds like maybe Texas should get another look..
    Texas may not be as screwed up as FL and CA on property taxes, but they are still very high.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about property taxes. I do know that it is all going to depend on what part of each state you're looking to settle. Dallas would tend to be more expensive than, say, San Antonio.

Likewise, my area is considerably cheaper than the W.P.B. area.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    FL would satisfy the sun AND sea requirement. Good CCW laws.
    Unfortunately, they don't allow hunting rifles into Disney during tourist season...

-JT
    Yeah, there are SOME temptations us crackers just may not be able to resist. After all, if it is tourist season why CAN'T we shoot them???

Enough with the FL jokes. Us natives are tired of hearing about FL drivers. It ain't us. It's all them white-legged Yanke..., er snowbirds, like RetSup coming down and driving slow.

As for voting, true Floridians can vote. Not like the political parties ever put up a candy-date worth voting for.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Well...everything from West Palm Beach down to Homestead would work as am thinking of applying to MDC and City College Fort Lauderdale..
    I wouldn't live in WPB, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Homestead if I could avoid it.

Traffic is terrible. In Miami you better be able to speak Spanish, because few there will understand you if you don't (Miggy will probably flame me for this). Crime sucks.

Besides, you're really close for when Raul decides to invade the U.S.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Last question..Is there a limitation of numbers of handguns I can buy in Florida? Or can I buy 2 9mm, 2 40.cal, 2 45.cal, 1 10mm and 2 357.?
    Yes, there is a limit. The size of your wallet and your gun safe... in that order.

Albert Einstein

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links