Hmmmm...Now That is odd

This is a discussion on Hmmmm...Now That is odd within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife, daughter and I went out to eat tonight at a new restaurant in town. It's a nice place in an old historic building. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm...Now That is odd

Hmmmm...Now That is odd

My wife, daughter and I went out to eat tonight at a new restaurant in town. It's a nice place in an old historic building. I took my usual seat so I could watch the front. I quickly scanned the dining area. The place was about 3/4 full of respectable looking people. After a few minutes my wife remarks that every male in the place is sitting so he can see the entrance. I look around and sure enough, every man is facing the front. Then I notice, two guys with loose open light jackets/shirts, a guy with a fanny pack, another with a tactical vest, and a 1/4 of the guys with swivel heads checking the area.

We had a very pleasant dining experience. You have to love Florida.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hummm... that's really kinda cool!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

We just arrived back from dinner too, and it was the same with our dinner party. God bless Texas, God bless Florida... God Bless the USA.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Could have been the secret service expecting the president. Well?

Man you never see that in The People's Republic of Minnesota. Too many sheep here.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

My wife dosn't quite understand it when I ask for a table off to the side/corner or when I take the chair so I can see the door. Bless her heart, she tolerates me.

Love your avatar havegunjoe.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Luckily, my wife understands why I do that. Some of my friends do, as well.

Zombies can't get me if I can see 'em comin'!

-JT

Nice, I carried tonight, but had to disarm before we went into the restaurant. I hope TN passes the legislation allowing hcp holders to carry into places that serve alcohol.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    You must have been on the west coast where I am.
    As for the facing the door thing The Boss and I have been married 39 years. The way we sit at a table is now instinctive. I face the door or the open floor space. It just happens.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Question Hmmmmmmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    My wife, daughter and I went out to eat tonight at a new restaurant in town. It's a nice place in an old historic building. I took my usual seat so I could watch the front. I quickly scanned the dining area. The place was about 3/4 full of respectable looking people. After a few minutes my wife remarks that every male in the place is sitting so he can see the entrance. I look around and sure enough, every man is facing the front. Then I notice, two guys with loose open light jackets/shirts, a guy with a fanny pack, another with a tactical vest, and a 1/4 of the guys with swivel heads checking the area.

Did it cross your mind that the other males could have been criminals?
    U.S. Army Veteran

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    As for the facing the door thing The Boss and I have been married 39 years. The way we sit at a table is now instinctive. I face the door or the open floor space. It just happens.

AFS
    Us too. Except not the married 39 years part.

Not the norm around here.

I live in N.E. Ohio, there's way too many clueless people around here. When I sit at a resteraunt, I can immediately pick out cops, mil/former mil and CCW'ers. I imagine they pick me out, too. Everybody else has their head down grazing.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    My wife usually gets the lookout seat before I can call it. That's OK, she has more cartridges than I do.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post

The scarriest part is the what if, scenario...What if the place was robbed? Who is the BG? Who are his accomplices? Obviously, that restaurant would be a bad place to rob, but I wonder how many GG's would be mistaken for BG's...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

My husband and I flip for the watch seat. We boith take it in turns so that the other can enjoy the meal, or watch the back of the resturaunt, just in case. It is nice when we are both able to share in the experience. I like him watching cause he has more ammo than I do, but I like watching because it builds my skills. Sometimes we get lucky and go out with friends and we both get to watch. Friends don't even notice that we grab the lookout seats first.

TDPalmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links