CCW in Famous Dave's BBQ?

This is a discussion on CCW in Famous Dave's BBQ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; By coincidence I ate at the Famous Daves in St. George, Utah about 2 months ago. I was carrying concealed, and always look on the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW in Famous Dave's BBQ?

No sign in St. George, Utah

By coincidence I ate at the Famous Daves in St. George, Utah about 2 months ago. I was carrying concealed, and always look on the door for any signage. I didn't see any at that location.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

XD9
    I ate in the West Jordan, Utah restaurant recently and saw no signs.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

As AirForceShooter said, it does sound like a joke sign. But if you really want to know call them, and ask wihhout going to that location!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    The "Dave" of Famous Dave's was a DOI attorney. FWIW.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Thanks for the responses.

I don't want to bring anything to their attention by asking about the meaning of that sign. If/when I go back, I'll just look for tents. If there are no tents, I'll assume that "camp" is somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    It’s to my understanding the BATF as very specific signs that must be posted, however don’t know the specific laws. This signs seems like a personal request, I think you might just be asked to leave if they found out. Head over to the BTAF website and do a search, seems like I have seen the material there, just can’t remember it.
    I'm not sure that BATF would have anything to say about the signs for Colorado business that want to ban CCW on their premises - I think that's reserved for the state in which you're asking about and would be set forth in the state statute as opposed to anything national. I would check the the wording of the law. In MO the state law is clear in what signs are appropriate and what aren't (amazingly, some business still have inappropriate signs up - lettering too small, not in the right place, etc.).

Plan B

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    The BBQ at Famous Dave's isn't worth eating anyway.
    Everytime I [am forced to] eat that I take the next weekend day and fire up the smoker.

There isn't a single semi decent BBQ restaurant in Tucson. It's all nasty, including Famous Dave's.

Curiously, there was awesome BBQ in Sunnyvale (Mr. D's, an old guy from N.O.) when I lived in the Bay Area. The neighbors complained about the smoke and they were forced to shut the place down.

The cartoon sign? It sounds like it should be ignored.

I know the Kentucky locations aren't posted.

I agree with the others--it's a joke.

I think I know the sign you are talking about. To me it is part of the decore.

If a sign is not posted on the entry door stating no guns then it is ok. Unless it is a bank, court house or buildings stated by local law.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    I think I know the sign you are talking about. To me it is part of the decore.

If a sign is not posted on the entry door stating no guns then it is ok. Unless it is a bank, court house or buildings stated by local law.
    What's a bank have to with anything?? Here is Colorado we can carry in banks for sure. That is probally where you need it the most!! Key bank once upon a time had a no firearms sign. They replaced it with a no cell phone sign. After I went back to the car and removed the battery and locked my cell phone in the car and retreived my Sig I asked the manager about the cell phone policy. He said that so many people were glued to their phones that they could do business when they were at the teller. I thought it had something to do with security.

In Colorado the signs carry no weight. If discovered they can ask you to leave and no crime is commited unless you refuse to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Desk Jockey View Post
    As I approached the front door and looked inside, the first thing I saw was a big sign with a cartoon bear and goofy foot-tall lettering saying "No loaded guns in or near camp."

Florida does not have any silly laws like that, but they do have a rule that states “places of nuisance”. Whatever that means, because Florida already spells out no Airports, courthouses, or governmental buildings, schools etc.

In any case, I always figure if they won’t want me to enter there armed, they will have someone at the door with a weapon detector and someone searching bags.

Seriously, if someone says something to you and asks you to leave do so immediately, other than that concealed is concealed.

And that’s the way I see it when going to concerts or shows and they have signs posted saying “NO weapons”.

Maybe a local store thing? I've been to multiple Famous Dave's restaurants around Virginia and never noticed a sign. I've OPENLY carried in all of them regularly with no issues.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    What's a bank have to with anything?? Here is Colorado we can carry in banks for sure. That is probally where you need it the most!! Key bank once upon a time had a no firearms sign. They replaced it with a no cell phone sign. After I went back to the car and removed the battery and locked my cell phone in the car and retreived my Sig I asked the manager about the cell phone policy. He said that so many people were glued to their phones that they could do business when they were at the teller. I thought it had something to do with security.

In Colorado the signs carry no weight. If discovered they can ask you to leave and no crime is commited unless you refuse to leave.
    100% correct.

This pertains to Colo: The only place I've ever seen a no guns sign is the COSTCO in Aurora. Never seen a sign any other COSTCOs or anywhere else for that matter. Supposedly, the entire Flatirons Mall complex is "no guns" but I've never seen any signs there either.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

FL doesn't have any goofiness like that, except maybe that we have to stay out of any bar area, if one exists in the restaurant.

Now, they can't LEGALLY keep you out, but if something is posted and you're 'made', they can ask you to leave at that point, I believe. If you don't, then you're trespassing.

And you can yell 'Attica! Attica!' a la Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon as you leave

-JT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links