Idaho CWW ranks growing

This is a discussion on Idaho CWW ranks growing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just read an article in todays(Idaho) paper about the huge number of CCW permits currently held just in SW Idaho. There are currently over ...

Thread: Idaho CWW ranks growing

Idaho CWW ranks growing

I just read an article in todays(Idaho) paper about the huge number of CCW permits currently held just in SW Idaho. There are currently over 25,000 permits with a couple hundred added each month in just a 3 county area. (Ada county 20,000, Canyon County 4,000, Owyhee County 1,000) This is amazing for the population of the area...the whole state just passed the one million mark a couple years ago.

We are pretty much a rural area with low crime, but random violence and gangs are creeping in.(I think this is increasing with our population growth from other more urban areas.) I don't actually carry, except in my pickup truck, because I don't think its necessary here......I always have my 45 Long Colt in the truck.
    One of the police departments was interviewed about the impact of all these CCW permits. They said it hasn't impacted crime either way positive or negative, and they haven't had a major infraction by a permit holder other than having an expired permit or accidentally carrying in a prohibited place. The last one made the news when a local county commissioner was found to have a loaded revolver in his
    carry-on bag at the airport. He had a CCW permit and forgot about the gun, but the Homeland Security put him through the wringer. I think he got a misdemeanor and his gun back later.....but that is about as high profile of a CCW mistake as we have had in SW Idaho.

2. Remove Ads

Irony

It has always seemed ironic to me that a low crime, rural and thinly populated place like Idaho will have fairly easy CCW permitting and no problem with folks carrying a gun, while the crime-infested large cities, such as Los Angeles, Chicago and New York will make it virtually impossible for the citizen to obtain a permit and carry a gun.

They let you carry a gun where you need it less, and don't let you carry one where it would be most useful. Could it be that government should just butt out of the business of telling us whether we can carry, as the Constitution said?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    It has always seemed ironic to me that a low crime, rural and thinly populated place like Idaho will have fairly easy CCW permitting and no problem with folks carrying a gun, while the crime-infested large cities, such as Los Angeles, Chicago and New York will make it virtually impossible for the citizen to obtain a permit and carry a gun.
    Its called "liberalism".

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    AMEN!!!!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 12th, 2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Links