The legal term of Concealed Carry? - Page 2

The legal term of Concealed Carry?

This is a discussion on The legal term of Concealed Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found an elastic belt in a sports store used for baseball pants. It works great because it has holes and a standard buckle on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The legal term of Concealed Carry?

I found an elastic belt in a sports store used for baseball pants. It works great because it has holes and a standard buckle on the front, but also has an adjustable part on the left hand side, so you can tighten it or loosen it, depending on if you have your weapon IWB or not carrying, but since it's elastic, it makes it very easy to reholster or re-conceal. I sometimes take the whole holster out while sitting in the car, and I can easily replace it while sitting with this belt.

Quote Originally Posted by AH View Post
    Hehe,I don't think I would feel comfy since the keyword of the IWB is inside and it hug's your body. From picures and movies is seems like a strange way to carry and draw your weapon.Bigger pants size and having a Glock without-or anything with a safety inside of your pants,so close to your body....well a good Galco holster seem to fit me better..

But by all mean,I am sure IWB conceal a gun better.
    For what it's worth, when people say IWB here, they mean with a holster. You will find VERY few people here that suggest carrying a firearm without a holster.

Any decent holster* will safely enclose the trigger and prevent the firearm from being fired, be it a Glock, or something with a manual safety.

* Typically this means leather or Kydex, not a 'soft' holster.

Most of us find that carrying IWB does not require a change in pant sizes. However, if you don't wear a sturdy belt, you will have to address that (regardless of IWB or OWB). There are a fair number of sturdy belts that do not look out of place when worn with a suit. Personally I like the Galco dress belt in 1.25".

There are quite a number of good holsters out there that are very comfortable. I find the Comp-Tac M-TAC is very comfortable after a little break-in, and likewise find my current holster, the K&D Defender very comfortable.

Good luck!

-john

I don't do it often, but I have open carried a few times and you would be surprised on how many people don't notice even when it out there for the whole world to see. Those that do notice probably think "Cop". Overall, most people are clueless.

In the Gunshine State, while being undesirable, printing is not illegal. Exposing the gun itself is illegal.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I wear a business suit daily, and can easily conceal my officer's model 80 with an OWB holster. My paddle holster prints a bit, but I can usually minimize printing by being a bit careful of how I move. Pancake holster makes the gun completely disappear. With a pancake holster, the gun rides higher and I can conceal a full-size .45 as well. I carried a Taurus PT-99 under a suit coat for three years, and the grip is considerably larger than my 1911s.

As you shop for suits, consider the fit and how much they will print your gun. I have both single-breasted and double-breasted suits, and the latter reduce printing if I leave them unbuttoned, as the waist is much more loose. A tailor can also help you, either by fitting the suit over the gun (never had one freak out about the gun yet), or by adding a "gun pad" to your suit coat.

I personally prefer OWB to IWB, but do use my Galco SkyOps holster when the weather gets warmer and I think I will be removing my jacket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links