T.V. Reporters and politicians with a badge...

This is a discussion on T.V. Reporters and politicians with a badge... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The next time I hear a news reporter say "packing heat" I think I'm going to need to be medicated. I just finished watching a ...

Thread: T.V. Reporters and politicians with a badge...

T.V. Reporters and politicians with a badge...

The next time I hear a news reporter say "packing heat" I think I'm going to need to be medicated. I just finished watching a report on channel 3 out of Chattanooga detailing the Chattanooga P.D.'s opposition to a bill in the Tennesee legislature that would allow carry in restaurants that that serve alcohol. Of course they just said carry in bars not that you could continue to protect your family if you choose to eat somewhere that isn't a fast food place.

As far as the C.P.D.'s opposition and resulting letter to the Speaker of the Tn. House I think that a Police Chief should worry more about doing his job than limiting our rights to protect our families. I wish they would poll the officers that are actually on the streets to see what they think of honest citizens that refuse to be victims. OF course this is the same chief of police that takes no action when one of his captains get caught outside an Atlanta mall drunk carrying her firearm....a few months after she disappears overnight in the woods from a "allergic reaction to a prescription drug".........six months after she is found unconscous in her home after not coming to work.

Just had to vent. Thanks for listening. LEOs keep safe.CCWers keep on carrying and politicians find me on another less famly friendly forum so I can tell you how I really feel. Everyone have a good weekend.
    HKR

2. Remove Ads

No problem, this kind of thing happens everywhere you have politically appointed public officials. They could care less about your safety unless it directly affects their ability to stay employed, er I mean empowered....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Typical... we simply need to continue to put those in positon that are pro-family with our vote.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    The next time I hear a news reporter say "packing heat" I think I'm going to need to be medicated. I just finished watching a report on channel 3 out of Chattanooga detailing the Chattanooga P.D.'s opposition to a bill in the Tennesee legislature that would allow carry in restaurants that that serve alcohol. Of course they just said carry in bars not that you could continue to protect your family if you choose to eat somewhere that isn't a fast food place.

As far as the C.P.D.'s opposition and resulting letter to the Speaker of the Tn. House I think that a Police Chief should worry more about doing his job than limiting our rights to protect our families. I wish they would poll the officers that are actually on the streets to see what they think of honest citizens that refuse to be victims. OF course this is the same chief of police that takes no action when one of his captains get caught outside an Atlanta mall drunk carrying her firearm....a few months after she disappears overnight in the woods from a "allergic reaction to a prescription drug".........six months after she is found unconscous in her home after not coming to work.

Just had to vent. Thanks for listening. LEOs keep safe.CCWers keep on carrying and politicians find me on another less famly friendly forum so I can tell you how I really feel. Everyone have a good weekend.
    HKR
    What is so strange is that another Chattanooga officer was caught off duty with his firearm while DUI at Bonny Oaks & Lee Hwy. He was put on leave until they investigated.

This female asst. Chief (now Captain) - I think she was Asst. Chief. Any how, this now female captain has had at least 3 incidents - the last being caught in Atlanta drunk with her firearm - detained by APD until Chattanooga sent an official car to pick her up. This female captain has dirt on someone. The Chief refuses to answer to the city council. How can they keep getting away with this stuff.

Still blows me away about our Hamilton county sheriff. But the feds caught up to him.

Yeah she was an Asst. Chief until after the second incident.

After venting above yesterday I got to watch the WRCB channel 3 news at 5:30 and got to watch some bar employee spouting off that he didn't want any "clowns walking around there with guns". I'll try to find a link and I hope no "clowns" darken their door or contribute to their register.

WRCB TV - Channel 3 - Chattanooga, Tennessee

If this isn't it I apologize, my computer skills are still lacking.

HKR

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    ... some bar employee spouting off that he didn't want any "clowns walking around there with guns".
    Simple solution - ban clowns...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

VIP Member
    Typical reporting for MOST networks. Sensationalize, twist the facts, outright lie if need be to get the ratings. One of the main reasons I no longer watch the news.

I am with you the stations around here insist on uing the term "Packing Heat" also and I doubt if any of them would know a good handgun if they saw one. Our Mayor (Coleman) likes to say" every handgun off the street is another life saved" and he is one of the few mayors in the US who has police bodyguards

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Typical reporting for MOST networks. Sensationalize, twist the facts, outright lie if need be to get the ratings. One of the main reasons I no longer watch the news.
    Yup. Reporting the news is not anywhere on their priority list. Their one and only goal is to keep you listening until after the next commercial. There is nothing off limits in persuit of that goal. They will fabricate, invent, sensationalize, and intentionally misreport to accomplish it.

I don't watch any TV news anymore.

Fitch

Links