Defensive Carry banner

Changes to Mississippi law

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Biloxi Bersa 
#1 ·
Senate Bill 2411 has some positive changes for obtaining a firearms permit in the Magnolia State.

It reduces the wait time from 120 days to 60 days, reduces the renewal fee from $50.00 to $25.00, and increases the permit time from four years to five years.

The bill also allows applicants to obtain their fingerprint record from the county sheriff rather than at DPS license bureaus and has a provision to mail the permit in rather than wait in line at the license bureau.

This bill has been passed by the Senate and is awaiting action by the House.

:congrats:

#2 ·
That good to reduce the wait time. When I moved into the state I had 2 permits from other states. My resident at the time (AR) wasnt on the reciprocity list so they told me I had to wait the year, but I could carry on my NH non resident license. Didnt make much sense to me that they didnt want my money but that is what I was told at HP hQ in here in Jackson.

Anyway I waited the year and filed, and waited and wait. I finally called them and was told they wait the full 120 days before mailing it out. Even if they finish everything, they hold on to the license the full 120 days which is crazy.

AR had the same time frame but I got mine there in a month. I never figured out with all the technology they have now why it would take 120 to process.

Any idea if the current licenses will be granted an additional year or will it go to five in the renewal if passed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.