Concealed carry in bars

This is a discussion on Concealed carry in bars within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you agree or disagree that you should be able to carry in places that serve alcohol then watch this - funny stuff...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in bars

Concealed carry in bars

If you agree or disagree that you should be able to carry in places that serve alcohol then watch this - funny stuff
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Not so funny. Unfortunately, to many, this isn't satire. It's how they view the issue.

I thought it was funny, bad problem was I recognized too many of the people in that video. Of course it was supposed to be satire but there was some truth in it. The total ban on guns in any restaurant that serves alcohol should be struck down but alcohol and guns don't mix. Doesn't matter if its rednecks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Not so funny. Unfortunately, to many, this isn't satire. It's how they view the issue.
    +1 I agree there are too many people who truly believe that a bunch of drunk rednecks will start some kind of old west style shootout in a bar.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post

but alcohol and guns don't mix. Doesn't matter if its rednecks or not.
    I'd modify that to read "drinking and handling guns doesn't mix."

Alcohol and guns simply in proximity to each other have never caused any problems of which I'm aware......

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Steven Colbert is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    +1 I agree there are too many people who truly believe that a bunch of drunk rednecks will start some kind of old west style shootout in a bar.
    I am going to agree and disagree at the same time. With current laws I am not allowed to carry inside of Ruby Tuesdays and other resturants that do serve. We went out to celebrate my wifes birthday when I was home and I had to leave my weapon in the truck. I felt very uneasy about it even though we got a booth near a window so I could see the truck. My truck has been broken it to twice and luckily nothing more than a little bit of my TA50 was stolen. The majority of us are Law Abiding citizens and would follow the law that says if we plan to drink we don't carry. The video IMO was a horrible video that showed people that are at the far end of the spectrum. Yes I am what some people would consider a hillbilly yet I would and continue to obey the law and not drink.
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Gee! I wonder why?

VIP Member
    Although this was suppose to be a comedy satire on guns in bars, it could also be the very same thing on how the networks cover any store that deals with guns!

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I'd modify that to read "drinking and handling guns doesn't mix."

Alcohol and guns simply in proximity to each other have never caused any problems of which I'm aware......
    Maybe a technicallity but if someone is inebriated they tend to lose good judgement and become more likely to handle thier gun especially in an unsafe manner so both could be considered correct. Just being around alcohol won't cause problems unless you drop your gun into your drink but why have it around if no one is going to drink it? Just terminology but I think everyone gets the message. One thing that I have noticed about Gun Proponents is that they seem to get really hung up on wording. If you want to start a fight say clip istead of magazine.

Don't look too far into it, it's just comedy!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    sarcastic more than funny. I might even classify it as propaganda.

AMH
    Funny video. Its just comedy, we need to laugh every once in a while.
    The site it came from really stinks however.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

I completely agree with Senator Jackson. You should be able to carry into bars or restaurants that serve alcohol as long as you don't drink. A "No carry under the influence" law would be outstanding.

I think people should be able to carry any time, any place, drink or no drink (one can already have a beer while CCW in FL...no flame, just a fact).
    CCW in bars (which I don't go to anyway) is not going to cause bloodshed in the saloons any more than CCW caused bloodshed in the streets...history shows that this to be true.
    Criminals and misfits already carry in bars and 'drink plenty' with their guns on...
    Responsible CCW'ers don't usually do this...if they do...bye-bye permit with jail time to boot.

Carry in the school or other public buildings is a crime (in most states) but it never stops the criminal, only the law-abiding citizen.

I guess I missed the part in 2A about the places one couldn't carry... OMO

Stay armed...everywhere...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links