Front page article on CCW!

This is a discussion on Front page article on CCW! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the local paper. Not horrible. The range in the picture is where I work. Feel free to contact the News Journal and comment. We ...

Thread: Front page article on CCW!

Front page article on CCW!

In the local paper. Not horrible. The range in the picture is where I work. Feel free to contact the News Journal and comment. We have had a bunch of folks writing them and another of their reporters has taken the CCW class at our range.
    Front page news - newsjournalonline.com

2. Remove Ads

I just added a response to the anti's in the "comments" section.
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

Poor predators...they are going to have to be much more careful in picking their victims...

Stay armed...take a class...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    #2 Mark could have shut up.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

i wont even bother pointing out to those people where they can be so wrong (in the comments section) i dont care if they are attacked and are caught unarmed

As harsh as it is to say, the more anti gun types who are attacked by criminals, the better it is for us. Some will change their views after something like that shocks them out of their little illusion of safety.

And some will be so traumatized by the experience that they fade away, locked behind closed doors, unable to face the outside world for fear of anyone attacking them again.

Both results are to our benefit.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by ZW17 View Post
    I just added a response to the anti's in the "comments" section.
    Me too! Here is what I wrote.

"When Florida first passed the concealed carry law the anti's said it would be the wild west. If didn't happen. When Texas and Tennessee later passed their concealed carry law the people said the same thing. It didn't happen. In my home state of Kansas they again said the same thing. It hasn't happened. In fact it hasn't happened in any state.

You folks need to get some new writers. You really ought to be embarrassed. One definition of a fool is to make the same mistake over and over again and expect a different result. Well there are only a couple of states left without concealed carry laws. I guess being wrong 48 times in a row doesn't mean you won't be right on these last two states does it?

haha funny. I read that you had posted in the backtalk section zw17, put i didn't remember your name. So I read a bunch of them and tried to guess which one was from a guy on this forum.
    Easy guess!! Nice reply and it was nice to see that the anti's were in the minority. Of course some idiots spinkled in to make us look bad though.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Some will change their views after something like that shocks them out of their little illusion of safety.

some will be so traumatized by the experience that they fade away,
    Sadly though, there are also some who will re-double their efforts to do away with "those evil guns", as in their mind's, It was the gun that attacked them, Not the criminal holding it.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

article

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    As harsh as it is to say, the more anti gun types who are attacked by criminals, the better it is for us. Some will change their views after something like that shocks them out of their little illusion of safety.

And some will be so traumatized by the experience that they fade away, locked behind closed doors, unable to face the outside world for fear of anyone attacking them again.

Both results are to our benefit.
    you hit that nail
    right on the head. too bad they have to wait to be a victim
    before they see the light. wish more would wake up and
    realise better safe than sorry.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    While some who become victims, do change their stance.....others, sadly become rabidly anti.

Take the Brady Bunch as an example.....

Here we had an assault in DC (where, oddly enough, IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE A HANDGUN!) in which a person shoots President Reagan , hits James Brady, a DC LEO & a Secret Service Agent.

As a result, we have a group spawned who has done more damage to LEGAL FIREARM OWNERS than by any other. All due to the ILLEGAL act of a nut, who possessed a firearm where it was ILLEGAL to do so.....Instead of blaming the the 'looney toons', they concentrate on the object. That's like blaming the gas chambers for killing millions of Jews in WW2, instead of blaming the Nazis!

Using this same logic.....Why is it we're still allowed to drive cars?...They kill tens of thousands more? After all, it's not the driver's fault......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I added one! I take exception to #6. Just hope they print it, it's not personal.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Mine is post #53.

That guy MARK is an idiot. Although being rude of offensive will likely get you ignored by him.

Mark #2 sounds young and a poor working class liberal twit. You won't change his mind. If he got robbed he's be the first to say "where are the police." Personal accountability is something he can't even grasp. he's not an "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" type. He's the "give it to me because I breath" type.
    He might be afraid of having women running around with guns because he has to be gentlemen.

Links