Defensive Carry banner

Which state will be the next shall issue state?

The next right to carry state?

2K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  MNBurl 
#1 ·
What state that currently is a restrictive "May issue" or "No issue" state looks like its heading down the right path to get shall issue on the books? It could be from what you've read, heard etc... Please vote then explain why you think that state will be the next to switch to shall issue status. Leave out states that are pretty much shall issue as it is. Like Conneticut, Delaware and Iowa.

Personally I think Maryland is on the road to recovery... at least with CCW. I've read a lot of articles about pro-gun state representatives really pushing CCW down the Dems throats, and bringing up CCW a lot in committee.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think WI will be next, it won't be any time soon, but the legislation keeps getting denied by the Governor, once that clown is out of office, they have a good chance.
That is the turning point. WI is a great state for gun owners, except no carry.

. Leave out states that are pretty much shall issue as it is. Like Conneticut, Delaware and Iowa.
Since when is CT and DE "pretty much shall issue"? News to me. I recall them being Commie states.

#10 ·
No way that I'll live long enough for MA to actually be "shall issue"!

Effectively for NRs, it already is "shall issue" if you meet the requirements in the law.

However for mere peon "subjects", the MCOPA has a very tight grip on the Legislature and they will never have the guts to take the "suitability" arbitrary power away from the local chiefs.

I have no idea about any of the other states listed, but since I have testified and listed to MCOPA testimony at the state house, I know about MA!

#12 ·
From the articles I've read, WI has been close several times...it's the WI Gov. who has halted the issue...
I think WI will be soon...OMO

#13 ·
i said Wisconsin simply because it seems like a gun state.

#14 ·
Personally I would rather see reciprocity among all the states that do have shall issue. That would add pressure to the hold outs.

#16 ·
I think the government should threaten to withhold highway funding if states don't recognize other's permits in the name of Full Faith and Credit Clause of the USCON.

We won't ever have VT type carry nationwide. The above is the next best thing.

#17 ·
I live in Connecticut (note that it has three "C's, not two), and, yes we are "pretty close to shall issue" in that there is no requirement to demonstrate "need." The worst aspect of the application process is that you have to go through the local police department. If you live in Madison, where virtually all of the crime is committed by the police department, this can be a problem. See: Citizens First National Bank

#18 ·
I am guessing Maryland. I don't know how things are progressing in the other states, but last I heard when a committee had hearings on proposed legislation the representative from the state police was much more neutral than they had been in the past. Previously they had vigorously defended the current policy. I understand this time it was more providing statistical data about crime trends in other states that had gone to shall issue.

#23 ·
I agree with JD and TDPalmer...

One thing I know for sure. It won't be Illinois!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.