Interesting Concept - Page 2

Interesting Concept

This is a discussion on Interesting Concept within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do agree with this concept, and I sent an email to the NRA-ILA in support of helping to get it passed. To take away ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Concept

I do agree with this concept, and I sent an email to the NRA-ILA in support of helping to get it passed. To take away my ability to care for myself means that they have assumed it as their responsibility. That means not only for those who would be forbidden from taking care of themselves but also for all others who may have been protected by the people who could have been carrying guns. If you have first-aid or first-responder training and do not provide it you can be considered liable. If a business forbid their employees from providing life-saving care to customers (not realistic I know, just for argument) they would be liable for any deaths or serious results of their policy. If I recall the training properly, in Texas you are not just able to use deadly force to protect others in circumstances where it would be allowed, you are compelled. If I see someone in deadly peril from someone else and do nothing I could be held liable in court, as well as never forgiving myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    It really scares me to think that gun owners consider themselves to be defenseless if they don't have a firearm on their person. I see the concept repeated time and time again on forums such as this, by participants at gun schools, and in speaking with folks at the range. If a gun is your only consideration for defense, and not having it means you are defenseless, there is a definite lack of preparedness on your part.

I don't consider myself as well armed without a gun, but certainly not defenseless. Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.
    I believe a more appropriate term would be less well equiped, but that doesn't have the impact. I agree that I am never defenseless. I am pretty handicapped against an adversary with distance and superior firepower though.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    ...... If I recall the training properly, in Texas you are not just able to use deadly force to protect others in circumstances where it would be allowed, you are compelled. If I see someone in deadly peril from someone else and do nothing I could be held liable in court, as well as never forgiving myself.

You need to go back to that training class, In Texas you can not be held liable for not using deadly force. You are not compelled to act. You may have problems looking yourself in the mirror, but I wont have a problem looking you in the eye and saying "it was your call" More people learned to take care of their own bussiness and be polite it would not be an issue, Certianly I will protect my own, but them other sheep outside my flock, well the wolves got to eat something.

Back on topic though, Sorry if you dont like no carry zones you can just avoid them, (commercially) Dont like gun free malls, shop elsewhere.

A merchant has a right to say he/she does not want a firearm in his/her store, Please folks remember it is a privilege to CHL/CCW, not a right.
    It is also my right to take my money somewhere that doesnt see my Privilege as a threat to their bussiness.

Im proud to have been raised in that great state. :D
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Interesting for sure... It runs some of the litigious bent of the anti's right back at 'em.

I'm not too sure how it would play in practice, though. I'd think the party limiting your right could show that surprise or some other factor would have negated your ability to defend yourself, or otherwise question your "reasonable" effectiveness in stopping the threat.

I'll be trying to think this one through, with all the implications, for a while...

Sponsor
    What many don't realize about gun free zone signs in Az is this:

If the posted sign just says no guns/firearms allowed, it's not a legally binding sign and can legally be ignored. There is specific wording that has to be included [ and I think it has to do with mention of the Az statute ] for it to be enforceable by law enforcement if they are called to respond for violation of a gun free zone.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Here's a possible twist on it. Make a law stating that all businesses must either:

1. Provide armed security guards at a ratio of one per every 3-4 customers.

2. Allow CCW.

Which route do you think they'll take?

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links