The Next Big Push Needs to Be........

This is a discussion on The Next Big Push Needs to Be........ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The next big push needs to be the adoption of the Vermont/Alaska model. Since we've seen no outbreak of blood running in the streets in ...

Thread: The Next Big Push Needs to Be........

The Next Big Push Needs to Be........

The next big push needs to be the adoption of the Vermont/Alaska model. Since we've seen no outbreak of blood running in the streets in the forty states with "shall issue" concealed carry laws then its time to start pushing for EXTREMELY relaxed carry restrictions (concealed or open carry) ala Vermont and Alaska. Failure to do so may well cause us to loose the momentum. Whadda ya think?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Miller View Post
    The next big push needs to be the adoption of the Vermont/Alaska model. Since we've seen no outbreak of blood running in the streets in the forty states with "shall issue" concealed carry laws then its time to start pushing for EXTREMELY relaxed carry restrictions (concealed or open carry) ala Vermont and Alaska. Failure to do so may well cause us to loose the momentum. Whadda ya think?
    I like it! Well, being from Vermont I wish we had the Alaska model where we could get permits if we wanted to travel to other states. Right now because I have no license, I need to get non-resident permits, and some states like SC don't accept them. But if all states were like Vermont, I wouldn't need a permit so it would be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I like it! Well, being from Vermont I wish we had the Alaska model where we could get permits if we wanted to travel to other states. Right now because I have no license, I need to get non-resident permits, and some states like SC don't accept them. But if all states were like Vermont, I wouldn't need a permit so it would be a non-issue.
    +1
    I wish the same thing I wish I could show my VT permit to NH or not have to show it at all. Of I would prefer Not having to show at all.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

How about we just move to Alaska? I lived there for 7 years and would be willing to go back...but FL gun laws are not that bad.
    The tough part would be leaving the warm winter weather...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It will never happen. Money for the states with the license cost, and a back ground check on legal carriers has a lot of weight in law enforcement when you get stop, if ever. I have no problem with the license, I just think it should be honored nationwide like a driver license.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I'm all for it. The best time to push forward is after a successful push!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    It will never happen. Money for the states with the license cost, and a back ground check on legal carriers has a lot of weight in law enforcement when you get stop, if ever. I have no problem with the license, I just think it should be honored nationwide like a driver license.
    +1 I think that the staes that don't allow CCW should still be made to honor our permits based on "full faith and credit" just like marriage and driver's license.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    It will never happen. The state gov'ts would not get any revenue from it. The liberal politicians would not be able to control anything by doing this.

1943 - 2009
    It's a good idea, but "jousting at windmills" comes to mind...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    +1 I think that the staes that don't allow CCW should still be made to honor our permits based on "full faith and credit" just like marriage and driver's license.
    Interesting idea. Any court cases to test this? If not, you wanna be the test case?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

There's nothing to be gained by being timid and finding reasons for failure.

First I think permit holders in all states should be able to open carry! Im not sure on how many ,but alot of them you have to be concealed ? Once you start giving the states money, it would be hard for them to pass anything that stops the flow! In MS with a permit we have both options.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    No permits should be necessary anywhere whether open or concealed. The only restriction I see as being necessary would be an age restriction. Which should be 18. 16 with parental permission.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Links