Do you wear your rig at home

This is a discussion on Do you wear your rig at home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel pretty comfortable when im in my house, but i live out in the middle of no were and have had 2 breaking and ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear your rig at home

I feel pretty comfortable when im in my house, but i live out in the middle of no were and have had 2 breaking and entering issues in the last year. No one was home at the time but who is to say it wont happen when im home. I have a wife and and 6 month old baby girl. Am i out of place to have my rig on me tell i go to bed??

Not at all. In fact, many of us here do the same thing. Keep it up

Remember, it isn't paranoia if it can happen.

I wear mine from the minute I wake up, to the minute I go to sleep.

Comforting or not, you may never know what will happen and when.

I guess it's better to have it when not needed, than not to have it at all?

thanks for the support guys nice to see im not the only one !

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Not at all. In fact, I predict that a lot of people on this forum will tell you they wear a gun or have a gun within 2 seconds reach. (If only the lottery were this predictable. ) If someone bursts through your door, what are you going to do if you are NOT wearing a firearm? You will not have time to get it AND protect your family. That baby girl of yours is depending on you to keep her safe.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    No you are not out of place. This issue has been discussed at great length on here. You will find that many members on here do wear their rig at home. I don't carry my primary at home but I do keep a Kel-Tec P3AT in my pocket when I am at home. I don't wear my primary at home for the fact that while my wife supports me carrying and is pro gun, it makes her nervous when I am playing with my four year old son. I think her fears are irrational but I respect her and don't have a 1911 strapped to my hip in the house. The Kel Tec fits in the pocket and she doesn't notice.

I like my Kel Tec but it is definately not my first choice due to it being a .380. I keep it loaded with FMJs instead of HPs because I believe I am going to need every inch of penetration the little mousegun will give me. I understand its limitations and I am not grabing it when things go bump in the night. That is reserved for my 870. However it is my "no excuse not to be armed" gun.

Eventually I will get a nice S & W Airweight snubbie which will be my primary pocket gun but for now the Kel Tec will do.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

If you like a gun on your person but also like to lounge around the house in pajamas, a belly band comes in handy for tucking in a small revolver as you are couch potatoing out in front of the tube. Just get one that fits comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    If you like a gun on your person but also like to lounge around the house in pajamas, a belly band comes in handy for tucking in a small revolver as you are couch potatoing out in front of the tube. Just get one that fits comfortably.
    alot of people will not even do this because they are in the "lazy stage" by then, but I must agree with you and say its a good thing if you have a pretty small weapon.

VIP Member
    Got mine on now and have had it on since I got up....

I hope not.
    I even have a holster I put on after I shower that I wear with my sweats (loungers, jammies) until I put the gun next to my bed and turn off the light. I think I walk with a list if I don't have something on me. (The fact that I've been working leather for 25+ years helps ) I'm not particularly paranoid that Rabid Ninja Father-Rapers are going to rappel down through my skylights; I'm just so acustomed to (and natural) carrying I miss it when/if I'm not - so why wouldn't I since it isn't a burden? My kids are so used to it, they'll curl up on the couch to watch TV, shove the butt (the 1911, not me!!) out of their ribs or shift around it, and not even realize what they did.
    Besides, it's your home. No-one else's opinion matters until they start making your house notes for you.
    Whatever you do:

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

i have a limited handgun library a kimber cdp II(4 inch full frame), a smith j frame in 357 and a para ccw with a commander fram and 4 1/2 inch barrel... i think i need to find something alittle smaller... for around the house... but i do like my 357 just alittle heavy when playing with the baby

Either a Kimber on my person (IWB), or a P-3AT in my pocket...always!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    yep

I usually have mine within arms reach. Unless my grandchildren are in the house in which case I usually have one on me and the rest locked away.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm pretty much an all-time-carrier (ATC). It's a lifestyle, but only the strong survive--what more can I say? Welcome to the club.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links