Shoot Me Vest Issue resolved IMHO

This is a discussion on Shoot Me Vest Issue resolved IMHO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know we have our set groups of vest versus non-vest and an open thread somewhere I can't find, but this one I have to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoot Me Vest Issue resolved IMHO

VIP Member

Shoot Me Vest Issue resolved IMHO

I know we have our set groups of vest versus non-vest and an open thread somewhere I can't find, but this one I have to share.

Even though today is my day off, I got called back to work for a few because they were having trouble with the surveillance system. My regular vests were in the washer so I took my IDPA match vest (old raggedy thing I don't mind getting all dirty & sweaty) and went to work. At the office was a somebody who has no idea I shoot or carry, he saw me & my vest and his comment was "You are going fishing today?
    I rest my case.

You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    LOL - Let's hear it for the Sheeple!! Of course, I didn't know that most sheeple couldn't read!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member
    Were they dressed in wool ?????

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Administrator
    Its not the "sheeple" you need to worry about.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Good point Sixto!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    You go fishing with a pistol too?!? do all the fish get scared when they see the giant pistol insignia...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    +1

This plain clothes federal investigator used to come into the office all the time. He was a real jerk and treated everyone like crap. He always wore a vest, and I knew why.

Since I could not openly be rude to him I would be very passive aggressive and invite him fishing, ask how his day at the lake was, if he took any pictures lately, etc. I would constantly comment about his vest. Boy did this make him angry!

Eventually it got to the point where I would openly ask him (in front of other people who weren’t in the know) what he was carrying, what type of holster, how much spare ammo, etc. He actually threatened me a few times because of this!

Mind you, I would never do this to a normal person, ever. But this guy was just plain rude and a run of the mill jerk. The department OIC eventually filed a formal complaint concerning his "professionalism", or lack thereof.

Point being the vest can make you stand out in a crowd and the people who assume you’re into photograph and fishing aren’t the ones to worry about.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 19th, 2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Here here. I get so tired of seeing people say that vests and fanny packs scream "gun" at people. I've worn both and never gotten even a second glance from anyone in the general public, including LEO's.
    Robert John Stewart, The Lost King of Scotland

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Stewart View Post
    ... never gotten even a second glance from anyone in the general public, including LEO's.
    And why would they care? I dont worry about the guy who wears a fanny pack or vest, so I would have given you a second glance too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Bingo.

- Jesse James
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Stewart View Post
    Here here. I get so tired of seeing people say that vests and fanny packs scream "gun" at people. I've worn both and never gotten even a second glance from anyone in the general public, including LEO's.
    Exactly. If that vest doesn't at least suggest GUN then no one's even gonna look twice when you wear an XL Bronco's errr Colt's sweatshirt instead of the large one that fits you perfectly.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I disagree, they're almost always the ones that go complaining over your head or behind your back to get you disciplined, fired, prohibited from carrying, etc....etc..... Jerks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBraddy View Post
    I disagree, they're almost always the ones that go complaining over your head or behind your back to get you disciplined, fired, prohibited from carrying, etc....etc..... Jerks!
    Point taken.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I like what Massad Ayoob says on the subject...

"After all these years, I've only found one case of anyone "getting shot first" because they were wearing vests. It is found in the very first Star Wars movie. The rebel bodyguards of Princess Leia are all wearing a uniform that includes a black vest which looks remarkably like something from Concealed Carry Clothiers. When the Imperial Storm Troopers led by Darth Vader attack their ship, the Storm Troopers blast every rebel so dressed."

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Sounds like the " ya going fishing?" comment guy won the daily "deet dee dee award"
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links