THE Discussion- Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on THE Discussion- Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry a gun? Why would I do that?" (This has the benefit of not being a lie, why giving an impression that I don't carry.) ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: THE Discussion- Concealed Carry

Carry a gun? Why would I do that?" (This has the benefit of not being a lie, why giving an impression that I don't carry.) Then you change the subject.
    After spending much thought on the proper response, this one wins the award as the best.

2. Remove Ads

"I just have a hard time understanding all this talk about being so secretive about a CWP"

I make a living from the community. Without it's patronage, I'm starving. In my community hunting is wonderful, but self defense carrying is considered unnecessary. Those who do CC are considered to be a bit mentally unbalanced. Since people won't give me their patronage if they believe me to be whack-job, I am very concerned about the confidentiality of my CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    I just have a hard time understanding all this talk about being so secretive about a CWP. . . . In my community hunting is wonderful, but self defense carrying is considered unnecessary. Those who do CC are considered to be a bit mentally unbalanced. Since people won't give me their patronage if they believe me to be whack-job, I am very concerned about the confidentiality of my CCW.
    You make absolute no sense. If the community considers a CCW a whack-job, then pray tell why would you want to tell the public that you are CCW.

On the other hand, if because of the community that you live in, you are anti-CCW, you have logged into the the wrong forum.

To attempt to clarify the remarks by gg12.

He had quotation marks around his statement:
    "I just have a hard time understanding all this talk about being so secretive about a CWP"

I cannot find what post he was trying to quote. I believe he was showing the reasons he personally disagreed with such a statement and needed/valued his concealment in order to run his business without prejudice from his customers.

clarification

Thank you youngda9, you are correct.

I attempted to quote FN1910's post on page 6 (reponse #58). I suffer from "sometimer's disease" and cannot seem to ever remember how to put the fancy box around the quote. I apologize for the confusion. I am not an anti by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    Thank you youngda9, you are correct.

I attempted to quote FN1910's post on page 6 (reponse #58). I suffer from "sometimer's disease" and cannot seem to ever remember how to put the fancy box around the quote. I apologize for the confusion. I am not an anti by any stretch of the imagination.
    gg12, thanks for clearing this up. Now I know that we are on the same team, meaning that there are good reasons for confidentiality as you apparently were trying to state earlier. Please disregard my message #63.

gg12 - I know what you are saying and we have to abide by community standards if we want to get along with our neighbors. It is just that the attitudes about guns in my part of the country seem to be much different than most other areas. Part of that is SC does not allow open carry and to even mention it would be frowned upon by almost everyone. In the same way carry in your vehicle's glove box has been standard as long as I can remember and is fully accepted and almost expected. For the most part LEO around here have always looked the other way if someone carries a small pistol on them as long as they behaved. I had a county Sheriff tell me that he expected that half of all men around here over 60 carried a gun on them and he wasn't worried about it.

The argument about concealed vs. open carry in SC is a moot point but I think that is part of the acceptance of guns in SC. Maybe out of sight out of mind may be reason but I think that if the OC movement in SC starts to gain steam you may see a change of attitude.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links