Defensive Carry banner

Best county in CA for CCW and quality of life

10K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  rdoggsilva 
#1 · (Edited)
Being stuck in Los Angeles while I finish school, (see my new member introduction) I wish to re-locate to northern california as a real estate appraiser. All I want is trees, clean air, and ccw to protect myself. Is their a map or site that would answer my question? Thanks.

#2 ·
I was born in CA and grew up in the bay area near Sodom Francisco. As soon as I finished school, I left the state for beautiful Washington and that would be my recommendation to you. LOL take one look at zombietime.com and you'll see why I left.

Anyway, if you are set on staying in CA you might want to look at californiaccw.org and find out which county is the least restrictive on issuing permits. As for the trees and clean air - just go as far north as possible (preferably near the OR border) and stay at least 100 miles from the SF bay area.

Good luck.

#11 ·
i looked at that zombie web site,pretty disgusting people alright. :ahhhhh:

#3 ·
Mendocino county is good, but you are getting your appraiser's license a couple years late. It might be tough to make a living. Here is a link to a thread I hijacked a while ago. It eventually explains what hoops you have to go through. The Sheriff here actively encourages CCW.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...scussions/44052-fl-public-school-dilemma.html

One update to the earlier thread, we aren't limited to three handguns on the permit.

#4 ·
I'll throw Madera County out there since I live here. We are only limited by the amount of space front and back when it comes to the number of firearms on our permit. Our sheriff is very much pro-CCW. Eastern Madera County is part of the Sierra Nevada Forest and is home to Bass Lake a very beautiful place. By being in Madera County you have the luxury of a smaller county while being close enough to work in bigger areas, like Fresno, Merced, Modesto and the such.

Good luck to you!

#6 ·
Tubby that map is a little off. Merced County is pretty difficult these days and so is Yolo County. In fact I hear Yolo may be a red county now and Merced could be on its way to red.

#9 ·
With the ammo bill coming up they should make all of them red!!
If that law passes ?????:confused:

#10 ·
All I want is trees, clean air, and ccw to protect myself.
I lived in Humboldt County for years. If trees, clean air/water and practically shall-issue CCW is what you want, that's a good place. PM me, for more info.

For further info on the various counties throughout California, check this web site: CaliforniaCCW.org.

#13 ·
good old el dorado county is good as well, last time I checked sherriff neves was rather pro issue and we have the beautiful lake tahoe as well

#14 ·
I'd reccomend Yuba City in Sutter County, just a bit north of Sacramento. You're not far from the urban centers of Sacramento and Placer counties. Sutter itself has grown a lot in the last few years. Not only that, but the Sutter sheriff is shall-issue. It says right on the CCW webpage that "self protection" is considered sufficient good cause for issuance. Doesn't get much better than that unless you go to much more rural counties. If I ever move back to CA, that's probably where I'll end up since all of my family is in the Sacramento area.

Also be sure to check out California Concealed Carry (CCW) for a lot more information on all the counties within California.

#18 ·
Born and raised in Kern Co. Use to be easy to get one, new sheriff is making it harder to get. Back when I was a kid and even as late as the 80's was a good place to live. Then all the eastern's moved in to the state and it went to h%^l. That is why I moved to Utah 14 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.