Best county in CA for CCW and quality of life

This is a discussion on Best county in CA for CCW and quality of life within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being stuck in Los Angeles while I finish school, (see my new member introduction) I wish to re-locate to northern california as a real estate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best county in CA for CCW and quality of life

Being stuck in Los Angeles while I finish school, (see my new member introduction) I wish to re-locate to northern california as a real estate appraiser. All I want is trees, clean air, and ccw to protect myself. Is their a map or site that would answer my question? Thanks.
    Last edited by bullseyebob; March 20th, 2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: add sentence

I was born in CA and grew up in the bay area near Sodom Francisco. As soon as I finished school, I left the state for beautiful Washington and that would be my recommendation to you. LOL take one look at zombietime.com and you'll see why I left.

Anyway, if you are set on staying in CA you might want to look at californiaccw.org and find out which county is the least restrictive on issuing permits. As for the trees and clean air - just go as far north as possible (preferably near the OR border) and stay at least 100 miles from the SF bay area.

Good luck.

Mendocino county is good, but you are getting your appraiser's license a couple years late. It might be tough to make a living. Here is a link to a thread I hijacked a while ago. It eventually explains what hoops you have to go through. The Sheriff here actively encourages CCW.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...l-dilemma.html

One update to the earlier thread, we aren't limited to three handguns on the permit.

I'll throw Madera County out there since I live here. We are only limited by the amount of space front and back when it comes to the number of firearms on our permit. Our sheriff is very much pro-CCW. Eastern Madera County is part of the Sierra Nevada Forest and is home to Bass Lake a very beautiful place. By being in Madera County you have the luxury of a smaller county while being close enough to work in bigger areas, like Fresno, Merced, Modesto and the such.

Good luck to you!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Tubby that map is a little off. Merced County is pretty difficult these days and so is Yolo County. In fact I hear Yolo may be a red county now and Merced could be on its way to red.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Last I heard Glenn and Colusa Counties were'nt all that difficult and Butte County practically has a deputy standing on the street corner passing them out! As for the best place to live you'd want to take a look at Shasta County if you are the outdoors type.

It's a few years old I think. Pulled it off PDO before it went to the toilet.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

With the ammo bill coming up they should make all of them red!!
    If that law passes ?????
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyebob View Post
    All I want is trees, clean air, and ccw to protect myself.
    I lived in Humboldt County for years. If trees, clean air/water and practically shall-issue CCW is what you want, that's a good place. PM me, for more info.

For further info on the various counties throughout California, check this web site: CaliforniaCCW.org.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinehawk View Post
    I was born in CA and grew up in the bay area near Sodom Francisco. As soon as I finished school, I left the state for beautiful Washington and that would be my recommendation to you. LOL take one look at zombietime.com and you'll see why I left.

Anyway, if you are set on staying in CA you might want to look at californiaccw.org and find out which county is the least restrictive on issuing permits. As for the trees and clean air - just go as far north as possible (preferably near the OR border) and stay at least 100 miles from the SF bay area.

Good luck.
    i looked at that zombie web site,pretty disgusting people alright.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I grew up in CA: I now live in Virginia. I would strongly encourage you to consider moving. I would have been here 20 years ago had I known about it. PM for details if interested.

good old el dorado county is good as well, last time I checked sherriff neves was rather pro issue and we have the beautiful lake tahoe as well
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

I'd reccomend Yuba City in Sutter County, just a bit north of Sacramento. You're not far from the urban centers of Sacramento and Placer counties. Sutter itself has grown a lot in the last few years. Not only that, but the Sutter sheriff is shall-issue. It says right on the CCW webpage that "self protection" is considered sufficient good cause for issuance. Doesn't get much better than that unless you go to much more rural counties. If I ever move back to CA, that's probably where I'll end up since all of my family is in the Sacramento area.

Also be sure to check out California Concealed Carry (CCW) for a lot more information on all the counties within California.

Move Plumas County into the green.

20,000 people, 500 permits issued. Works out to roughly 5%. One of the highest rates of issue in the state.

But the winters are the real deal up there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links