CC Opinions of Police in PA

This is a discussion on CC Opinions of Police in PA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being a relatively new CCP holder in PA I was wondering if anybody knew how the police generally feel about us who choose to carry. ...

Thread: CC Opinions of Police in PA

CC Opinions of Police in PA

Being a relatively new CCP holder in PA I was wondering if anybody knew how the police generally feel about us who choose to carry. The county Sheriff's dept. who issues the permits seems to be helpful and supportive but I was just wondering how the law enforcement community feels.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Very general like, the rank and file supports CCW. But like any group of people, each has their own thoughts and opinions.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have heard the Philly Police Commissioner, Charles Ramsey, on talk radio, and he is not a fan.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    I have heard the Philly Police Commissioner, Charles Ramsey, on talk radio, and he is not a fan.
    Too bad for him he doesn't have a choice in the matter

I mean after all he is from Chicago and was police chief in DC...

Administrator
    A lot if the political types dont like it at all; good news is you wont be dealing with them at all, and I doubt they even know how to make a traffic stop.
    "Just blame Sixto"

In most large departments the Chief is just a figure head. A political appointee who serves at the pleasure of the local government executive. The folks that for the most part really run things are the deputy chiefs, assistant chiefs or bureau chiefs or whatever the are called. They still get to think for themselves to an extent. But farther you get above lieutenant the more political it becomes.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryDonlan View Post
    Being a relatively new CCP holder in PA I was wondering if anybody knew how the police generally feel about us who choose to carry. The county Sheriff's dept. who issues the permits seems to be helpful and supportive but I was just wondering how the law enforcement community feels.
    Speaking as a Law Abiding citizen and CCL holder , unless they attempt to
    take away my 2A rights , I really don't care about their "opinion".
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Administrator
    Overall and from what I have read/heard/experienced concerning the cops on the street and the PA State Police and the Sheriffs Dept...the rapport generally ranges from neutral and apathetic to quite good.

The smaller boroughs may have officers who are not 100% "up" on all of the PA. Firearms Laws.

Generally concealed means concealed.

Truthfully nobody I know who is legal to carry has had any problems with police.

Just make sure that you have your PA License To Carry on your person at all times when you are carrying concealed.

Relax...enjoy life. Overall, PA is a great carry state.

Most seem to agree that the rank and file generally don't mind law abiding citizens exercising thier 2nd. amendment. While many police commissioners and other high ranking officers with their own agenda play politics as usual.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Our local sheriff SUPPORTS CCW ! Couldnt be better. Andy and Barney down at the city hall are too busy writing traffic tickets to notice.

Eh, it depends on the cop. I've been pulled over, informed the officer immediately that I was carrying, and have been let go without him going back to his squad car. I've also been pulled over, have the cop take my weapon and run the serial number to see if it was stolen, then hassle me because in their database, it was registered to the previous owner. (PA law does not require you to register your gun with the state police)

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    As for me and my crew, we see every concealed carry licensee as

1. One less victim
    2. Potential back up
    3. Folks who have taken the responsibility for their own safety

We have not had any problems with any ccl's in 15 yrs that I have been one the job.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Links