Gun control hypocrites

This is a discussion on Gun control hypocrites within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RidemCowboy Can't remember what state he was in but I'm pretty sure I remember one of his body guards getting arrested for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun control hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by RidemCowboy
    Can't remember what state he was in but I'm pretty sure I remember one of his body guards getting arrested for illegally carrying a hand gun. He didn't have any kind of permit. I wonder if his body guard ever shot some one if good old Mr. Moore would take that person to K-mart and try to return those bullets too?
    If I remember correctly that was in New York State. If I really stretch my memory I think I recall something about them being in one of the airports around the city (LaGuardia I think) when he was arrested. I think this is the only time I've ever appreciated my former home's gun laws.

A1C Lickey

2. Remove Ads

Come to think

I think you're right it was at a NY airport.
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

VIP Member
    From Newsmax.com

Thursday, Jan. 20, 2005 3:56 p.m. EST
    Moore Bodyguard Arrested on Gun Charge

A bodyguard who has protected outspoken moviemaker and gun-control advocate Michael Moore was arrested at Kennedy International Airport for allegedly carrying a pistol without a New York license, authorities said Thursday.

Patrick Burk, 34, faced arraignment on a felony charge of criminal possession of a weapon. Prosecutors did not have his attorney's name.

Burk was questioned by police Wednesday night after he notified a United Airlines ticket agent that he wanted to carry his weapon - unloaded and in a bag - on a flight to Los Angeles, said Port Authority spokesman Tony Ciavolella.
    The bodyguard, who works for the California-based security firm Gavin de Becker & Associates, told police he had traveled to New York with Moore earlier this month, Ciavolella said. He produced licenses for his Mauser handgun from California and Florida, but not New York, which prompted his arrest.

Burk has been assigned to protect Moore at times in the past, but is not his personal bodyguard, Gavin de Becker said.

De Becker defended Burk, saying he had followed proper procedures at the airport. He called him "a leading professional in his field."

A call to a spokesman for Moore was not immediately returned.

Moore, the director of "Fahrenheit 9/11," won the documentary Academy Award for 2002's "Bowling for Columbine," a scathing look at the gun culture in America.

In an interview last year with Playboy magazine, Moore called the National Rifle Association a "radical, freaky group."

"Most Americans are with me on this," he said about stricter gun controls. "They understand duck hunters don't need Uzis and cop-killer bullets."
    And this one fromCCRKBA.org

"Kennedy has employed armed bodyguards in the past," Waldron said. "Some years ago, Kennedy bodyguard Chuck Stein was arrested at the Russell Senate Office Building with a handgun, two submachine guns and 146 rounds of ammunition.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    The best answer to this is TERM LIMITS then we can get these people out who have nothing better to do than get on the band wagon to stay in the news. Got to make new laws to show they are doing something. Just like a realality TV show got to do something outrageous so people will watch you. It's not about going to Washington to help the people in your state any more. It's about power and connections. Then there's all the perks. Get the deadwood out.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Do as I say not as I do.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    Do as I say not as I do.
    Or maybe, "Do for me."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links