Vent on complete Idiot shooting gun off in middle of city

This is a discussion on Vent on complete Idiot shooting gun off in middle of city within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If the deer is in the city it can be dangerous. I've seen the aftermath of a deer jumping through a plate glass store window ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vent on complete Idiot shooting gun off in middle of city

If the deer is in the city it can be dangerous. I've seen the aftermath of a deer jumping through a plate glass store window and back in high school one jumped through the cafeteria window. Both times the police had to come to put them down. What a mess.

Can you imagine if the deer was spooked and went through someone's windshield or took out a baby stroller?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    thats just plain stupid. revocation of ccw permit would be in order, assuming he has one.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Don't know about other places but in SC his permit would be the least of his worries. His gun and his truck could be confiscated along with a healthy fine and jail time for starters. It was 1:30 am wasn't it? Jacklighting, hunting from a road without permission, out of season, in the city limits would just be starters. Not to mention his huntin license if he had one possibly forever.

Agree with previous posters, idiot doesn't go far enough to describe this guy!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Could take his gun, his vehicle, the deer, add a hefty fine, and lose hunting privileges for several years...I would have called, too!
    Hope he meets the DNR or what ever they are called in MN.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just another story for the anti's

HKR
    I hope he doesn't have a permit, because that will be the headline and the first thing out of every reporter's mouth.
    Permit or not, someone needs to be pulling their boot out of his tail end right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    I hope he doesn't have a permit, because that will be the headline and the first thing out of every reporter's mouth.
    Permit or not, someone needs to be pulling their boot out of his tail end right about now.
    I don't think so.. I would leave it there and buy a new pair of boots! He needs the long term reminder!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I'm Glad you chose the course of action you did
    had you tried something more direct it could have gotten ugly

He already was showing a good measure of stupidity
    no-telling if he has any "Stupidity Limits" at all

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Geds View Post
    Might have been within your rights to draw on HIM and hold him at gunpoint until police arrive. He was poaching, but he also endangered the lives of anyone within gunshot distance of him that night. That kind of stupidity will get people killed. If he'd had a ricochet, it could have hit your car, you, or your wife.

If it makes the news, be sure to call the staion and explain to them it was a LEGAL ccw holder that called it in.
    Sorry, but I don't think you will ever see me drawing on someone poaching a deer even here in Florida. There is no way I'm going to voluntarilly put myself in the middle of some deep do-do on the defense of a deer.

I always liked it when I heard LE doing stings with fake deer. Guys would stop and pull out their hunting rifles on the fake deer out of season at night time in the middle of nowhere and get busted.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

The guy is a criminal. Criminals, by definition, do not obey the law. He isen't any different than the millions of other low life scum that've always been present anywhere the human race has congregated. He is to civilisation what a fart is to high priced perfume.

I would of done same thing and actually drove off where i could observe while on 911 call,then if he left the scene i would of tailed him at a safe distance in a way he wouldn't know until LEO could make contact and then give them a report

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think you will ever see me drawing on someone poaching a deer even here in Florida. There is no way I'm going to voluntarilly put myself in the middle of some deep do-do on the defense of a deer.
    I didn't mean in defense of the deer....just saying i don't know how far OP and wife were from the guy when he started his crap.

I agree to just walk up and pull your gun wouldn't be the best scenario. I meant (and didn't convey) depending on the escape route the OP had, since in some situations, the only escape from the parking lot would be to move TOWARD the man), and if the man had seen the op writing down his plate number and confronted him, then since the man had already fired bullets rather indiscriminately, he presented a very real danger to the op and his wife.

I'm just saying the behavior ALREADY made the situation such that I would have had my pistol in my lap inside the vehicle...But I would NOT have gone up to him and said anything. Especially with the wife in the car.

In this situation, keeping him in sight so he could be picked up is probably the best idea so far, because if he drove away, chances are it will be a "his word against yours" type of deal. He'll get away with it since he wasn't tailed and picked up with a witness who could immediately identify him.
    Last edited by Geds; March 22nd, 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Left out a quote bracket, and totally hosed it all up.

There may be more revealed later, he well may have been an off duty acting in an official capacity to put it down. Although your gut on this is probably right. Food for thought.

Is there a deer problem in Duluth. Alot of cities have been overrun because of lack of hunting. Not that this idiot is the way to go but bow hunters can be effective. BTW I am moving to Esko next week so maybe see you at the range.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links