Just A Warning

This is a discussion on Just A Warning within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The last two shows that I've been to the agent(at least the one I saw) has been female and quite attractive. I guess they figure ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just A Warning

HKR
    The last two shows that I've been to the agent(at least the one I saw) has been female and quite attractive. I guess they figure someone will make a bad decision with their wrong brain.
    The good news is that its an easy question to answer-Do I want to break the law, go to jail, lose my right to carry a firearm(I'm guessing), and give law abiding gun carriers and owners everywhere a black eye? Answer like I did"I'm sorry Miss, I can help you look at them and give you my opnion of them, but what you're asking me to do is illegal."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I also believe if you ask him if he is associated with a LEO Agency in anyway and he says "no" it then becomes entrapment also.
    No, again. A LEO working as an LEO in an undercover operation can lie about being an LEO when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    The last two shows that I've been to the agent(at least the one I saw) has been female and quite attractive. I guess they figure someone will make a bad decision with their wrong brain.
    The good news is that its an easy question to answer-Do I want to break the law, go to jail, lose my right to carry a firearm(I'm guessing), and give law abiding gun carriers and owners everywhere a black eye? Answer like I did"I'm sorry Miss, I can help you look at them and give you my opnion of them, but what you're asking me to do is illegal."
    Quite attractive huh? And if she had offered non monetary compensation..... ?

I've only been to a few gun shows, and every time I was asked to buy things for people. And both times after I had bought a gun and was walking around I was asked if I wanted to sell my gun.

So, here's my question...If I legitimately buy a gun, and somebody wants to buy it from me an hour later or two hour later, or whatever, could I run into the same problem?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I also believe if you ask him if he is associated with a LEO Agency in anyway and he says "no" it then becomes entrapment also.
    LOL, no, thats not true.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    So, here's my question...If I legitimately buy a gun, and somebody wants to buy it from me an hour later or two hour later, or whatever, could I run into the same problem?
    IANAL (or BATFE), but I would say no. You made a purchase with every intention of owning the firearm, then later someone makes you an offer you cannot refuse, and you make a sale. That does not seem to fit the definition of straw purchase, IMO.

Now watch, I'll be wrong....

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    IANAL (or BATFE), but I would say no. You made a purchase with every intention of owning the firearm, then later someone makes you an offer you cannot refuse, and you make a sale. That does not seem to fit the definition of straw purchase, IMO.

Now watch, I'll be wrong....
    This is correct, but the only thing I'd watch is sometimes they will jump on you for selling on the premises of the show itself. It just depends on how the show is set up and where.

I've bought and sold in private transactions a lot at shows, you just have to cautious how you do business to be sure everything is kept legal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The shows I have been to locally normally have a half dozen or so scummy looking individuals (outside the entrance) hitting you up going in and coming out.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I wonder what the reaction would be as I dial 911 on my cell phone to report illegal activity at the gun show?
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    I wonder what the reaction would be as I dial 911 on my cell phone to report illegal activity at the gun show?
    Laughing at both ends of the line probably.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    IMHO this would be a grey area where intent would have to be proven ( what was your intent when you purchased the firearm ) . Also IMHO i really believe that you would have issues convincing a jury that your intent was to add a firearm to your collection , or keep the firearm for personal use if you sold it an hour later, most especially if you had had conversations prior to the sale with the person you sold it to .
    Now i dont think even the most motivated BATFE agent would attempt to charge either party should they witness you buy a gun and then an hour later witness you sell same gun to another private non prohibited person . However if you happened to sell to an atf UC , CI ( Under Cover , or Confidential Informant ) , as well as run across any other LE investigation ( Cali's team that goes to gunshows in NV ect.. comes to mind ) You could well find yourself in court .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Laughing at both ends of the line probably.
    I'm always up for a good laugh.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

As for entrapment, remember that DEA agents attempt to sell drugs also. The following may better explain the term:

Legal Definition of 'Entrapment'

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Maybe try to "guide" the agent near a uniformed LEO then loudly announce to the LEO that you suspect the agent is a Felon because anyone other than a felon, (well and a few other categories.) could buy their own gun legally.

Sting operation, Maybe
    entrapment, No

Just my 2 cents
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links