Just A Warning

Just A Warning

This is a discussion on Just A Warning within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A strange thing happened at the last gunshow I went to.I live in Texas and have my CHL. I had just bought a new glock ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just A Warning

Just A Warning

A strange thing happened at the last gunshow I went to.I live in Texas and have my CHL. I had just bought a new glock g-19 and was walking away from the table when a man approached me and wanted me to buy him a pistol. First he offered me $50 then he offered me $100 to get him one; I didn't know him from adam and I wasn't about to buy one for someone I didn't even know, not whith my name on that yellow sheet. So I said, "No way man, not for any amount." As I turned to leave, the dealer that I bought the glock from said, "Hey come here a minute." He said, "Do you know who that guy was?", and I said I had no idea. He stated that the guy was a BATF agent because he had seen him at other shows trying to get people to buy him guns and I was real lucky I didn't get him one. Have any of you ever had that happen or hear about anything like that? sj

Administrator
    Yup, happens often.
    "Just blame Sixto"

AMH
    Wouldn't that be entrapment?
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Thats never happened to me, and in today's litigious society there is absolutely no way I would ever even consider buying a firearm for anybody, especially someone I don't know personally.

Thanks for the heads-up, though
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    No.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    Hmmm ...??? SIXTO???
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Hmmm ...??? SIXTO???
    What? GImme a minute, the dog is hungry. I'll explain the difference in a minute.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Entrapment? Come on don't you know the law doesn't apply to the goverment? Bill of Rights I doubt anyone in the BATF even knows there is such a thing. Remember Ruby ridge and Waco?
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No.
    Why not? I am not trying to be facetious, I genuinely donít know.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    He stated that the guy was a BATF agent because he had seen him at other shows trying to get people to buy him guns and I was real lucky I didn't get him one.
    You would think a BATF agent would be able to buy his own guns.

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Holy crap that was funny! LOL
    Join the NRA!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    It is not entrapment because no one is being coerced to do anything they would not normally do . It is in fact just the same as sting officers buying dope off street dealers and is a valid LE technique . An incentive ( in this case 50 or 100 bucks ) to violate a law is not coercion.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    It is not entrapment because no one is being coerced to do anything they would not normally do . It is in fact just the same as sting officers buying dope off street dealers and is a valid LE technique . An incentive ( in this case 50 or 100 bucks ) to violate a law is not coercion.
    Thats pretty much it in a nutshell... If he said, Buy me this gun or I'll break your arm, then that would be entrapment. If he said, Buy me this gun or I'll burn down your house, that would be entrapment.

If sjones said in the first exchange, "no way, not for any amount of money" and the agent kept pestering him, then we are getting into a gray area. But because he left the converstation open ended, the agent was OK in going in and offering more money.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    You owe me!!!! It's going to take a week to clean all the coffee off the walls and out of the carpet!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thats pretty much it in a nutshell... If he said, Buy me this gun or I'll break your arm, then that would be entrapment. If he said, Buy me this gun or I'll burn down your house, that would be entrapment.

If sjones said in the first exchange, "no way, not for any amount of money" and the agent kept pestering him, then we are getting into a gray area. But because he left the converstation open ended, the agent was OK in going in and offering more money.
    I also believe if you ask him if he is associated with a LEO Agency in anyway and he says "no" it then becomes entrapment also.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links