If CC member became BG!!

This is a discussion on If CC member became BG!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally, I think SSKC's last post hits the mark! Anybody who legally owns a firearm is quite unlikely to use it for non legal purposes. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If CC member became BG!!

Personally, I think SSKC's last post hits the mark! Anybody who legally owns a firearm is quite unlikely to use it for non legal purposes.

But personally, if I were to go "Ronin" on you guys, I agree with Euclidean.
    I wouldn't use a gun either. Most BG's purpose when using a gun is to stick it in somebodys face and say "Stick em up!"

Me, I've spent time wondering IF I went to the dark side, what would I do? ( I have to think like that sometimes to stay ahead of the BG's)

I'd stick to brainwork. Bad check writing, phony bar codes and the like. A cowardly approach yes. But it draws far less suspiscion and is more often successful.

Mike

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Does that mean I have to attend BG school and experience prison love too? Do thay have any ranges?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    What WILL cause the people here to get shot/knifed/killed by the typical POS-BG is resolve or lack of resolve. What will you do when threatened? Assess,contimplate,talk,try to figure if he deserves what he is about to get(a bullet or two) or shoot. This is a HUGE part of the BG's "training". They have been conditioned to think that the vic will hand it over. (This is the reason that banks get "robbed" every day by a perp that has no weapon whatsoever.)Personally,this is what I'm counting on. This is a big part of my defense which will turn(in an instant) to my offense. When he crosses the line--- HE WILL DIE. This,without a doubt in my mind ! ---------

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Gun: I know a couple of clubs in California if you're _really_ interested in the rough stuff... did a sociology paper on it with the help of some "connected" friends. Drop me a PM. :)

For the rest, as they said when I was in EMT training, "treat for the worst, hope for the best". Most BGs have never had training and are influenced by "gangsta" movies & games, holding their weapon in all kinds of strange grips and pointing it at odd angles, "Jon Woo", etc. They also often assume that a "nine" is a magic wand, suddenly making them invinceable and everybody else afraid.

BUT I can't _assume_ the BG's an idiot. Have to make as sure as possible he's really a BG & a threat, then attack without mercy or warning, not stopping until he is DOWN and obviously OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp
    Does that mean I have to attend BG school and experience prison love too? Do thay have any ranges?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member
    There was a group of bank robbers running amok here in Nashville. It was often reported that they appeared to have weapons training and displayed tactics like they were well-trained professionals. Though there is a difference in appearing to have training and actually having training, I don't intend to underestimate my aggressor.

I just finished watching Larry Elder's Michael and Me, a documentary blasting Michael Moore's anti-gun "documentary" Bowling For Columbine. Larry Elder interviews various people and their thoughts on gun control. It was not surprising to hear, "Well, the bad guy is usually just as scared or even more scared than you, so he most likely won't use his gun on you."

I can assume most Combat Carry members are some of the most levelheaded, cool and calculated people out there, and some have already seen the elephant and shot at it. Certainly not a bunch I'd mess with.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Administrator

Not Likely To Happen

But, it could happen I guess. Highly trained Good Guy turned Bad. Walking through a crowded mall popping off head shots at innocent unsuspecting shoppers. 10 spare magazines...2 back~up guns & a SNIPER RIFLE out in the trunk of the car.
    Hey,...Wait a minute...Isn't that exactly what is SUPPOSED to happen every time a new State passes a concealed carry law or turns Shall Issue?
    Highly trained Gunfighters with concealed weapons having "Show Downs" & "Shoot Outs" at High Noon in the streets that are ALREADY running red with Rivers Of Blood. Yuk! Rivers Of Blood ~ not puddles & not streams or even tributaries but, RIVERS Of Blood.
    I think...(according to the radio, TV, & newspaper news) in Ohio...that was what was supposed to happen when Ohio passed its Concealed Carry laws.
    I think the Liberal Left is actually sort of DISAPPOINTED that us Good Guys do not ever seem to turn truly Bad.
    They are silly people...they are expecting rivers of blood & most of them don't even own a canoe or a raft...even.

Assistant Administrator
    Always amuses me, the ''rivers of blood'' hype!!

''Gunfight at the QK Corral'' - oh oops, that should OK Corral
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=QKShooter]But, it could happen I guess. Highly trained Good Guy turned Bad.

It's true. It happened to Luke Skywalker's dad. That was real, wasn't it?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Yes gunthorp, that was real.

A1C Lickey

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    THE truth of the OK CORRAL was that they were going to disarm the cowboys. They did not want to be disarmed. The cowboys carried open and the law carried in their pockets.

The chance of encountering an ex-cop or ex-military person is depressingly real. Probably higher than a "rogue" CWP-holder, by "natural selection" (for want of a better term; anyone can feel free to help the vocabulary-challenged).

Those of us who have kept spotless records AND who are willing to jump through the hoops required to obtain a CWP are unlikely to "lose it."

On the other hand, someone who volunteered and served one term, or who gave law enforcement a try (as opposed to working for a living ... JUST KIDDIN'!), and who has since returned to a native habitat of drug/alcohol abuse, domestic violence, or felony laziness is a candidate for ant-social practitioner of the month! This person will have at least basic training with handgun or rifle (maybe more than basic), as opposed to the gangstas who "punch" their "nines" while yelling, "Gat! Gat!"

Please note: I am former LEO, and my father & older brother were both drafted into the military (WWII and Vietnam eras, respectively). This is NOT anti-LEO or anti-military. I just consider these to be fairly large pools, more likely to harbor a piranha or two than is the pool of CWP holders.

P95, you are dead on it. I mean, you never know you might be talking to criminal who has not gotten caught yet. I am always careful what I share with people especially on the net. my2cents..
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

You Never Know

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    P95, you are dead on it. I mean, you never know you might be talking to criminal who has not gotten caught yet. I am always careful what I share with people especially on the net. my2cents..
    Always remember "The Enemy gets a Vote". Assume the other guy just might be better than you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links