Got Pulled Over Last Night - Page 3

Got Pulled Over Last Night

This is a discussion on Got Pulled Over Last Night within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We all have to do our part and stay legal. Good luck getting there....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Pulled Over Last Night

We all have to do our part and stay legal. Good luck getting there.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont blame any of you for being upset, i know im wrong. My new job in austin is a blessing and im starting to get back on track financially.

If i would have gotten a ticket or worse, impouned, or jail, i would have been set back so bad i dont know WHEN i could have gotten back outta the hole i was in.

I just got my first paycheck from this job Saturday and tomorrow (monday) im headed out first thing in the am to get my Insurance and everything else im missing.

The fact that my ex-roomate flaked on me and left me paying full rent/utilities didnt help AT ALL :(

Thanks to the big man upstairs i got a better job in Austin, now i just need to move up there so i can stop paying out the woohoo for gasoline.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Glad you’re getting Car insurance.

Car insurance is no joke. Many years ago, I had a lady run into my wife car and guess what no insurance. Sure our uninsured motorist paid for our car repairs. But we had to pay for car rental, deductible, and other stuff.

I sent out a nice letter asking for payment. NO response.

So, I turned it over to an attorney friend of mine, who sued them (both her and her husband since his name was on the title of the car) for a little over $5,000. Neither showed up to court, so we where awarded a judgment.

While she did not work, her husband had a nice job so boom we garnished his wages, for the amount he made over minimum wage.

Guess what, he had no problems calling me then. But, by then it was too late.

New Member Array 82Airborne45ACP's Avatar
    Man were you lucky... Most of my friends are in Law Enforcement or military and they would have given you a ticket. But it's all good.... Take care of your business.... You may not be so lucky the next time.

Kansas people had a long, long hard fought battle to get concealed carry. This is a lesson to all of us to stay current on our insurance and registration. Otherwise the knuckle head politicos will use this as an example of lawless people owning CCH's and will try to change the law to take them away.

I was going to call a foul, and say the first post was most likely a lot of bovine fecal matter. But after the post about the divorce. (I know that most guys are not worth shooting for about 6 months most of the time.) I was willing to say it would pass the smell test if you were not to close to it.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Get off the computer and get to the DMV.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Texas LEO's are very sympathetic towards CHL holders, I know this for a fact. many of them I have talked to have said over the years that they want as many people as possible out there packing. Personally I have been pulled over at least 6 times since I have had my license and they have given me a warning every time.

But like everybody else said, GET YOUR INSURANCE IN ORDER....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Happy to say that its all done. Trust me, i know the feeling about getting hit by a non-insured motorist.

Not long after my dad gave me his '67 Pontiac GTO convertible, i hit a guy who ran a light. He didnt have insurance and my GTO still sits at my dads house 16 years later :(

I'll get it repaired and running again one day.

Take care guys.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Wow, must have already been one he** of a night for that Officer, and he needed some down time before the next big one.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Dihappy,

Lucky is an understatement. Texas LEO's, for the most part are really great at their jobs, and definately deserve respect. The officer that pulled you over obviously realized that you were honest with him and decided to give you a break since I am sure he ran your DL for wants & warrants. I am glad to see that you have since taken care of your personal business and are again legal. If you happen to see that officer in a store or taking a lunch break, buy his cup of coffee or better yet his lunch and thank him for the dangerous job he performs daily to provide you a safe town to live in. If what I read is correct & you live in San Marcos, and that being a college town, consider yourself very lucky. I spent a lot of time there, have relatives that live there, and my wife & I go through there several times a year on our way to the hill country, and her favorite little town Wimberly.

tex45acp
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    Happy to say that its all done. Trust me, i know the feeling about getting hit by a non-insured motorist.

Not long after my dad gave me his '67 Pontiac GTO convertible, i hit a guy who ran a light. He didnt have insurance and my GTO still sits at my dads house 16 years later :(

I'll get it repaired and running again one day.

Take care guys.

Good for you for manning up and getting that taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    You were a busy fella today, eh? Glad ya got it all done!

You know, i hate spending money. Even when i gave over $1k for my Kimber i was like "DANG, what did i just do?"

But theres just something about paying for something like car insurance and the other legal stuff that is sorta...accomplishing about it all :)

You almost WANT to get pulled over now, lol.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Dihappy, one thing you didn't include in the original post was the reason the LEO stopped you... Regardless of the state of your insurance, registration, etc., you did something to attract his attention. Was it failure to use a turn signal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links