Got Pulled Over Last Night

This is a discussion on Got Pulled Over Last Night within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sooo...First let me say that yes, i know, im irresponsible and im working on that. Now, i work in Austin and drive an hour to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Pulled Over Last Night

Thumbs up Got Pulled Over Last Night

Sooo...First let me say that yes, i know, im irresponsible and im working on that.

Now, i work in Austin and drive an hour to work every day from San Marcos through traffic :(

I drive about 45 minutes after work as its late, 11pm-12am every night.

I was 1 block from home tonight and was talking to a friend on the phone as he said "be careful, lots of cops out tonight"

I said, " I know, i saw so many on the way home" So just then, i get lit up :(

I hang up with my friend and pull over 1 block from home, pull out the ID and CHL and hang it out the window as i keep my right hand on the steering wheel and dome light on.

The officer identifies himself SMPD and i give him my ID's, he asks for Insurance which i respond and tell him i dont have any.
    He asks why, i tell him cuz i havnt got around to it, i sleep most of the day then get ready for work (havnt had insurance for about 3 months now).

He looks at my registration and sees its expired for over a year, i tell him that i havnt got around to that either.
    He asks about my inspection, i look at him and smiled and said ..uhh...same thing with that too officer.

He asks if im carrying, i said yes, between the car seats by my leg. (i was surprised he didnt ask me this first, he even let me dig around in my glove box for and old insurance card without much concern that i had a weapon in the car with me)

He says "Be right back". I was trying to add up how much this ticket would be :(

He comes back pretty quickly and tells me to take care of my insurance, registration, inspection, and to not forget to use my turn signals to let everyone know where im going. I said, yessir, thank you officer.

In less than 30 seconds i was getting out of my car and walking into my apartment.

WOW! Is all i got to say. heck yes, i deserved multiple ticket, but i got a big break :)
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

2. Remove Ads

they must really like CHL people in san marcos neighbor...get your stuff done
    so they continue to like us.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    ...get your stuff done
    You're giving the rest of us goosebumps........no insurance......no registration.............no inspection...........

Guess you're lucky your DL was current, eh?

Thanks, Neighbor. I spent 28 years with a major police agency and fully half of our enforcement activity for my entire career were warnings. It's hard to find a website where someone isn't carping about some raw deal they got from a cop somewhere, and it's rare indeed that someone has the guts to talk about the good deals. So thank you very much, gracious comments like yours make me take heart that maybe all those cold nights weren't wasted after all.

JayPee

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You're giving the rest of us goosebumps........no insurance......no registration.............no inspection...........

Guess you're lucky your DL was current, eh?
    Even I would have written that ticket.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    wow, update your documents and get insurance! I have a friend who was in an accident with an uninsured driver and it was a huge mess. Thanks for having the guts to post, (and i hope i am not too mean) but get off your butt and fix this. You are breaking the law and risking other people's $ with no insurance. You should not drive your car until it is fixed.

I think you should be on the phone and getting a friend to drive you to the DMV 8:00 am tomorrow morning.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Im glad you werent working last night in my town then :)

In all honestly, after my divorce, i kinda have to start being responsible for alot of things that the ex-wife would take care of.

Its very different from the single guy i was before i was married, but im shaping up :)
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Yeah dont let ur permit run out.... that woulda been bad lol

LUCKY DOG
    "What if? If not, who needs seatbelts, life rafts, and fire extingishers. Sure theres other ways, if thats what you want... I know ill be alive, dry, and not on fire!"

G17, G19, G36, PPK/S
    Support the right - www.vcdl.org

San Marcos is a neat town, and it looks like they have neat cops too!

I'm sorry but I just have to say...

I've had my car T-boned twice, both times by uninsured drivers.

Even if you're not worried about your own car, what happens if you hit someone else and are forced to pay thousands of dollars?

I can tell you from first-hand experience, a new right front quarter panel, hood, bumper, right headlamp assembly, and passenger door for a '99 Lexus is about five grand. This was the result of a lady, eating McDonalds while driving and not paying attention, running a stop sign and hitting my right front end at about ~30 mph.
    The insurance is cheap in perspective.

I don't care about your registration and inspection and that junk, that's your own problem. But please, get insurance.

Sorry for the rant. Glad you got out of the ticket.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

You are a lucky dog. You should have gone to the nearest convenience store and bought a lottery ticket before going home.
    I do not think it would have turned out so well for you if the stop had been in Austin.
    I don't know how far it is that you have to drive into Austin but that drive to work has got to be a bummer unless you work in south Austin near Stassney.

Oh, don't forget to get everything taken care of, and soon.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah no kidding. 1 or 2 traffic violations maybe , but 3? I used to write em for at least one if they had that many violations.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    I agree with getting insurance. In fact I think that letting you go was completely wrong. What would you want to do if while on the rest of the way home you were negligently hit by an uninsured driver who had been let off from a stop 2 months previously.

The cop was wrong. If you don't have this fixed by the end of business Monday your CCW your law abiding citizen status should be suspended.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    You are a lucky dog. You should have gone to the nearest convenience store and bought a lottery ticket before going home.
    I do not think it would have turned out so well for you if the stop had been in Austin.
    I don't know how far it is that you have to drive into Austin but that drive to work has got to be a bummer unless you work in south Austin near Stassney.

Oh, don't forget to get everything taken care of, and soon.

i see you lived here once,i live about 4miles south of stassney
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

My CCW has gotten me out of more tickets than I can count . YES I get pulled over alot .......speeding .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links