Got my Licence !! - Initial Thoughts - Page 2

Got my Licence !! - Initial Thoughts

This is a discussion on Got my Licence !! - Initial Thoughts within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; congrats...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my Licence !! - Initial Thoughts

congrats

VIP Member
    I sometimes find myself changing clothes a couple times when I have to dress up trying to conceal the gun. I get frustrated sometimes. To me it's not an option rather to carry or not. I find a way.
    I use to be able to hide my 642 easy enough, but because of a hand injury I've had to go to the larger grip so now I guess I need to get a pocket gun. I hate to have to settle for that, but it's better than not carrying at all.
    It does get to be routine dressing around the gun. When you buy clothes, that thought is always at the front.
    Congrats to you.

congrads on permit.$125.00 for lifetime permit. must be nice.
    $105.00 for 5 yrs here in mich.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Seems like we all go through the same steps when we decide to carry. I had the same reaction when i shot 300 rounds of ammo and it cost me $60!
    So now i reload my practice rounds for about .05 for a 45 ACP round and carry factory ammo. I just started carring my 3" 1911 in my front pocket, (pocket holster) No one notices. I walked into the mall the other day and there were state police all over the place. Not one gave me a second look, kind of makes you think that its a good idea to carry.

I love my "Life-Time License To Carry Handgun" cause the Brady Bunch hates it so much!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    I think those shirts like Charlie Sheen wears on 2 1/2 Men look like they would do the job. Especially in the summer. Hawaiian shirts have become a give-away.

I asked the guys on CalCCW about them and one fellow knew right away what brand they were:

Charlie Sheen's Wardrobe On 2 1/2 Men - CalCCW

You're right about dark colors and patterns too.

My favorite method of spring and fall carry is my P2000 in a Blackhawk SERPA covered by a longer waisted denim jacket. I carry the spare mag in the inside right-hand pocket and it keeps that side of the jacket down, even in the wind and I can brush it away easily when I draw.

This summer, I'm gonna dress like Charlie Sheen; those shirts and cargo cutoffs w/an IWB.
    Hawaiian shirts are no give away in Austin, Texas. too many people wear them. anyway no one in austin( or anywhere else i believe)ever thinks anyone is carrying a gun.
    if someone does think that,they themselves probably have a CHL . i own about 30 Hawaiian shirts and this is pretty much my summer wear in TX. along w/shorts and nikes
    congrats,on your license youngda9 your thinking is going in the right direction.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    Congrats,

Just like carrying a wallet, you know it's there, get a little reminder when you sit a certain way, but the newness surely wears off. One thing that never fades is the feeling of security. Just my .02 worth.
    I will give this a plus-1

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Congrats...on the new permit!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I understand and have felt the same way about everything you said. I've been carrying for about a yr now and the first month I was paranoid. I got better when after watching people, I relized that nobody pays attention to me...more so in a place like Wal-Mart. Clothing can make or break you when carrying. Stay Safe!!!
    God Bless America!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    Hawaiian shirts are no give away in Austin, Texas. too many people wear them. anyway no one in austin( or anywhere else i believe)ever thinks anyone is carrying a gun.
    if someone does think that,they themselves probably have a CHL . i own about 30 Hawaiian shirts and this is pretty much my summer wear in TX. along w/shorts and nikes
    congrats,on your license youngda9 your thinking is going in the right direction.
    The intel I got was from Calif.; that the gang bangers out there were on to the Hawaiian shirts. Perhaps they aren't a tell on a national level.

Tommy Bahama shirts also look like they could work, but they're pricey too.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Tommy Bahama shirts also look like they could work, but they're pricey too.
    Don't want to derail this thread, but I like Tommy Bahama myself. I get mine at my local T.J.Max or Marshall's for about $12.00 a piece.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Do you guys that wear these "Charlie Sheen" shirts find yourself pulling more tail like he does on his TV show?

I think you need some baggy khaki shorts, deck shoes, and above the ankle socks to round out the look.

I would think this look might get you "made"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links